ForumsQuestionsDifferent default priority when using Firefox Add-on ?

Different default priority when using Firefox Add-on ?
nwpsys

Posted: Jul 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I don't think this is possible but I thought I would check.

I tend to use the FF add-on to add something in a big time hurry that I need to think about later. I would like to be able set have the default priority here at Medium so items show in my hotlist.

When I am using the regular website, I am adding in a more controlled fashion with more thought, and would like the default priority here to be Low, so these items do not show in my hotlist.

If this is not possible, is there any way to differentiate between ToDo's added from Add-on rather than website ?

Thanks,

Nige
nwpsys

Thinking more, even some way to set default Status at None for those coming from Add-on ane default Status of Active for those added via web page.
PeterW 

I just did a quick test. If I set my account settings so that new tasks have a default priority of medium, I found that tasks added via the FireFox add-on still defaulted to low priority even after performing a "refresh lists" in the add-on and restarting the browser. So that would be one way of achieving what you want.

The other thing you may be unaware of is that if you hover your mouse over the checkbox field of a task, a popup will display showing how the task was added (e.g. FireFox, API, or just blank for via the website). So that's another way of determining how a task got on your list.

Lastly, another thing you can do is set your new task default folder to "no folder". Whenever you add a task quickly to be processed later, (via mail, FireFox, or the website), it will go to "no folder" which is essentially your inbox. You can then check this folder when you have time and process the tasks to where they belong.
nwpsys

Hey PeterW.

Thanks for the reply. Following on from your suggestion it seems that all the default settings from the Firefox Add-On don't override the default settings on the website.

This works really well for me, as I have set the website default status to be active and the add-on status is set to none. This makes it easy to search / filter where the todo was added.

Plus it means the tasks I add in a hurry turn up in my inbox in the gotodoapp on my Android device, which is exactly where I want them.

Cheers,

Nige
nwpsys

And in an ideal world, in the Firefox add-in where we choose what fields we want displayed, it would be really cool to enable us to set defaults there too. As they seem to override the website values, it would be nice to make them something meaningful and give that extra bit of flexibility.

Nige
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.