ForumsQuestionsiPhone subtask not showing

iPhone subtask not showing
chrisbenascomput

Posted: Jul 03, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello, I have seen a big pb due to the fact that iphone and a web browser do have very different screen size !

On the web browser, if some filters result in hidding some items, it is quite OK as :
* It is displayed that "due to the filter, all the items are not showed"
* The filters are ALLWAYS visible at the top of the windows and can easily be changed

BUT, but, but, on the iphone the same philosophie is kept, which have very bad side effects :
* It is still displayed that some items are hidden, but with grey colour on heavy blue... Very difficult to see at a glance !
* Much much more, changing the filter needs at least 3 taps (often more !), and the filter (as for the webbrowser) are set for ALL the screens...

An example of the BIG pb I meet, and I don't see how to solve it :
* I have many tasks that I have then organized them with subtasks,
* then I have set the filter to "display indent subtasks"
* But then, when on some view (contexts...) only some subtask should appear, they does NOT appear.
If I am on the browser, it is OK and quick to change the filters
BUT if I am on the iphone, it is very complicated to change the filter...

On the iphone, there are then 2 choices impossible :
* Display ALL the tasks and subtasks flattended, so that I am sure to display everything... But the list is TOO long to be usefull
* Display the taks with indented subtasks (then the list is short enough to be usefull) But some subtasks will never be displayed....

This is not a computing bug, but a very big functionnal bug !

Thanks to change that. I feel there couls be 2 ways :
* The best of course : display subtasks when requested, be the upper task displayed or not !
* setting some filter options that are linked to each screen : may be too complicated ?

Thanks !
chrisbenascomput

Posted: Jul 03, 2010
Well, I have got another idea, as this way of not showing (in fact : many) subtask as soon as the filter is on "hidden" is really a big burden, even on the web browser :

Even if it less important on the browser as the interface is easier, le pb is the same : or I display everything and have a very very long useless list, or not everything is displayed.
Also, another big burden : no way to know easily what is showed/hidden when changing the filter !

Then I may have some final good proposition to solve that. It would consist in offering another option where :
* if the upper-task is in the view, as presently, the subtasks can be displayed
* but even when the upper task is not in the view, if the subtask should be in the view, just display it as a flattened one, may be with a - or a / to show that it is a subtask of another undisplayed upper-task.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 05, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.