ForumsQuestionsDue date problem in v2.02?

Due date problem in v2.02?
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 06, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

Just downloaded and installed v2.02 on my iPhone 3GS running iOS4.

I wanted to check out the new calendar picker so edited an existing task that was due yesterday (July 6) but still not complete. In the Task Details screen the due date was displayed correctly, and it was also displayed correctly in the Edit Due Dates screen (shown as 'Custom').

I tapped on the Custom date to display the calendar, tapped on '6' on the calendar to ensure that the due date was not changed, but when it returned me to the Task Details screen, the date was now set to July 5 (the day before). Go back to the Edit Due Date screen and it still shows July 6. Go to the calendar and it still shows July 6 highlighted.

Doesn't matter what I do, I cannot set the date back to July 6. It just won't let me.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sounds like a timezone issue. What timezone are you in?
PeterW 

I'm in Australia = GMT+10.

My Toodledo web time is displaying correctly, and format is set to D/M/Y.

My iPhone settings are:
Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Calendars
- Time Zone Support: On
- Time Zone: Sydney

General - International
Region Format: Australia
Stuart

Posted: Jul 07, 2010
I can confirm this too. I am in GMT+1 BST and I can replicate this with a current and creating a new task.

When selecting a custom date using the 'calendar display', the screen moves back to 'Task Details' with the due date selected as the date before the on previously selected in custom.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 07, 2010
Thanks for the bug report. This is related to your timezone and daylight savings time. We will have this fixed in the next update which we will submit to Apple this week. In the meantime, you can work around this bug by using the button in the upper right corner to switch to the old wheel picker.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Stuart

Posted: Jul 08, 2010
Thanks for the info on the bug and the workaround.

It's great to get this level of feedback from the dev team so quickly. Looking forward to the fix
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.