ForumsQuestionsHidden Tasks (Or "Using Filters")

Hidden Tasks (Or "Using Filters")
J-Mac

Posted: Sep 21, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I was working in Toodledo on my notebook computer earlier tonight and noticed that the Main view was not showing about 15 of my tasks. I checked "Filters" and the only items that should have been missing were older completed tasks AFAICT.

Now I am on my desktop computer and all my tasks are showing. I didn't change anything at all since logging on here. Actually, the desktop was up and running and Firefox 3 was open with Toodledo in one of the tabs while I was working on my notebook outside. I refreshed Toodledo with a fresh view to make sure it wasn't a cached page I was viewing on the desktop - still showing all tasks.

I captured the screen on my notebook and sent it to myself so I could compare it to my desktop when I got back inside; the Filter setting is identical to what it was on my notebook.

The only significant difference between the two computers that I can think of is that the desktop is running XP Pro SP2 and the notebook is running Vista Ultimate.

Any ideas regarding what would cause the notebook to show that some tasks are hidden while the desktop is showing all tasks?

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 22, 2008
The operating system of your computer, or which computer you are using, should not make any difference to what appears inside your web browser. Toodledo has no knowledge of what computer you are using. The only thing that I can think of is that you had a filter set on or off, but I know that you said you checked this. I don't know what else it could be.
J-Mac

Posted: Sep 24, 2008
Oh well....

Just another computer mystery meant to drive me crazier!

I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out what's causing it to appear this way. I'll post back if I find something.

Thanks!

Jim
Mr. Walt

This may be related. Often when I am in a to do list, a message such as this will appear at the bottom: "1 active task is hidden due to your filter settings," followed by a link for turning off filters. The problem is that no filters are active. Clicking on the "turn off filters" does nothing, and the message remains.

This is a small annoyance. However, is there something I can do to eliminate it?

Thanks,
Walt
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The hidden task thing happens when you are using subtasks in certain situations. We consider it to be a bug and we have plans to fix it. Don't be worried though, because its a bug with the counter, not with tasks actually being hidden, so you aren't missing any tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.