ForumsQuestionsRepeating tasks always on Hotlist, dealbreaker

Repeating tasks always on Hotlist, dealbreaker
Salgud

Posted: Jul 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
On my first day using Toodledo, this time, I found a very strange characteristic. I created a couple of repeating tasks. Both do something I've never seen any task manager do before. The one is something I do every Mon, Wed and Fri at work. I did it today, then marked it complete. It immediately reappeared in my Hotlist and my Starred list, when I wanted it to go away until Fri. I don't want my Hotlist/Starred list to have all my hi priority todos on them all the time. I want it to appear on Mon, Wed and Fri, and when I check it done, it shouldn't reappear until the following Mon, Wed or Fri. Not immediately. Is this the way Toodledo is supposed to work? If it is, I've got to keep looking for a task manager. This is just not how I want it to behave.

One thing I checked to see if it was causing this odd (to me) behavior, was if I had set it up to have new tasks be starred automatically. I didn't. Even if I did, it still shouldn't even be on the list until it reappears on the next Mon, Wed or Fri.

Is this how Toodledo is supposed to work, or is something wrong here?
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 14, 2010
My repeating tasks don't do this because I set a start date (set the same as the due date) and this gets moved forward automatically with the due date. So the tasks don't appear until I want them to.
Salgud

Posted: Jul 15, 2010
Thanks, that fixed the problem. I had omitted the Start Date thinking that it would default to the next Mon, Wed or Fri.
Salgud

Now I have another related problem. When I tried to tell Toodledo that I had completed my repeating tasks yesterday, they kept just reappearing. So I clicked several times, trying to get them off my list.

Now I figured out that they were actually future occurrences of my repeating tasks and I had about 8 of the one I kept clicking. They were marked done for dates into the future. I removed the "Done" marks, but now they're all in my task list. Obviously, I can delete them one at a time, but I am wondering if there's a way to delete them all. I tried multi-edit, but it doesn't appear to have a delete feature. Do I just have to delete them individually?
Claudio

Posted by Salgud:
I tried multi-edit, but it doesn't appear to have a delete feature.
Multi-edit does have a Delete feature.

The last field at the bottom is Delete. Check the box, change the value to "Yes", and then click "Save Changes".

You'll get a warning: "You are about to permanently delete all of the tasks on this screen. Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

Click "Okay" and all the tasks in your Search will be deleted.
Salgud

Thanks!
jack

WHERE do you select repeating task?

"There are several simple options that you can quickly select from a drop down menu."

Where is this drop down menu?
Claudio

jack, is Repeat selected in your Account Settings?
http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=8
jack

No it wasn't. I think that should be added to:

Basics

* How do repeating tasks work?

...because it's not mentioned.
jack

...and thank you!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.