ForumsQuestionsSecurity

Security
KK

Posted: Sep 22, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Just started using ToodleDo a few hours ago. I noticed that whenever I log in, I am presented with the following message:
"You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.
The information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?"

I saw this message sometimes when I log into other sites. But knowing that I may be putting all my tasks (personal and work) onto this site, I am wondering how secured info is here. I wouldn't want my to-do list to be seen by others. How do I ensure this?

I don't have a lot of expertise with online things, so please help explain. Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 22, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
When you login, your password is sent over a secure connection so that it is safe from eavesdroppers, but then we redirect you back to a normal connection for everything else. Your web browser is just letting you know that you are going from a secure to a non secure connection. You can turn this annoying warning off in your browser settings.

If you wish to use a secure connection for all of your tasks, this is something that is reserved for Pro accounts so you might want to check that out. Although you should know that it is extremely unlikely that anyone will want to eavesdrop on your internet connection to find out what is on your to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.