ForumsQuestionsFilter tasks not started yet

Filter tasks not started yet
settenano

Posted: Jul 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I apologize if the question has been answered already, but I did not find such an answer.
I'd like to filter off the tasks that have not started yet (with a start date in the future), but I cannot manage to find how. I can only filter tasks with end date in the future (minimum 1 month), but not with start date in the future.
Is there an easy way I missed?

Thanks
PeterW 

Try:

Checked off = no
Start date is before today
Claudio

At the top of the screen, in the third row of menus, you'll see Filters. (In the default color scheme, the row is yellow.)

Click on Filters and then on Hide Future Tasks. This will filter out any tasks that have a start date in the future, regardless of the Due Date.

The filter is "sticky", meaning that it will remain in effect until you change it, even when you exit Toodledo. Also, the filter is linked to the "View", eg. Main, Folder, Due Date, etc., so you can have different filters (and sort orders) for each view.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2010.
settenano

Posted: Jul 21, 2010
Are you sure about it? My perception is that that filter hides tasks with an end date far away in te future.
On the iphone application the italian translation says "scadenza futura", which is future end date. Maybe the translation is not accurate, but I have had the perception I mentioned about this filter.
I'll check better.
Thank you, though.
PeterW 

Apologies... I was thinking "search" rather than filters. Claudio is correct. Although if you're talking about on the iPhone, I'm not as familiar with that app (I use a different one).

This message was edited Jul 21, 2010.
Claudio

Posted by settenano:
On the iphone application the italian translation says "scadenza futura", which is future end date. Maybe the translation is not accurate
I didn't realize that you were referring to the iPhone app.

I'd say the translation is not accurate.

Take a look at Settings, Documentation/Help, Filters. (I think that all of this is in English, regardless of the iPhone language.)

The first point for the "Future Tasks" filter is:
"Have a start date that is more than 1 day in the future."

BTW, you can vote on the various translations in the Italian version here: http://www.toodledo.com/translate/index.php?lang=it
settenano

I see.
Future tasks have multiple criterias I'll have to consider, implying both start date and end date.
ok. I'll work on it.
Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.