ForumsQuestionsGoogle Calendar Gadget Scrollbar

Google Calendar Gadget Scrollbar
ozarkmtnloghomes

Posted: Aug 06, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
There is no scroll bar on the google Calendar Gadget.....so there is no way to scroll down to read notes, etc attached to an item. Also is there any way to change the size of the gadget to more than about 4 inches high ( I know this may be google's deal)

Thanks,

Lee
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, this is Google's responsibility. We only put the stuff inside the gadget. We can't control the size or scrollbars.
ozarkmtnloghomes

Well, that's a bit strange, because other gadgets do have scrollbars. Maybe that is something you should talk to google about.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 07, 2010
Yea, its on our to-do list. It might be possible now.
Dav

Posted: Aug 24, 2010
+1 on this feature!
laymandb

Posted: Sep 01, 2010
Another +1. I can't even figure out how to save a new task without the scrollbar.
suaberts

Posted: Sep 24, 2010
Another +1. Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues with this! Right now I need to select gadget text all the way down with my mouse, which is very awkward.
piyush_soni

Posted: Sep 24, 2010
Oh ... I thought Google Calendar Gadget would be the same as the Gmail gadget (Add by URL thing) - which effectively shows the slim version inside a frame, and has scrollbars ... Is it not?

This message was edited Sep 24, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted: Sep 29, 2010
I added the calendar gadget and saw the problem myself. If you are using Firefox, the GreaseMonkey script 'Better ToodleDo Slim
' now corrects this problem (i.e., automatically adds a scrollbar to your Google Calendar gadget):

Steps:
1). Install Firefox Add-on Greasemonkey, restart browser.
2). Install Better ToodleDo Slim

This message was edited Sep 29, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted: Oct 09, 2010
Now the script works in Chrome without installing any extra add-on. Just click on Install button on the page Better ToodleDo Slim and you will get scroll bar in Google Calendar Gadget. You can disable the Auto-refresh tasks facility if you want, from the Settings page. (Again, for Firefox you need to install GreaseMonkey extension)

This message was edited Oct 09, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted: Oct 12, 2010
The link has changed(one single time). Better ToodleDo Slim is located at this link now:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88019
Roelof Schuiling

Posted: Mar 28, 2011
This problem is still present. +1 for fixing it in the gadget itself! I'm using a different PC every day, and I can't install Greasemonkey or Better Toodledo Slim on every one of them...
piyush_soni

Posted: Mar 28, 2011
Until the problem is fixed, I just have a quicker(but manual) way of doing it in which you don't have to install anything.

You can either make a bookmark button with this single line of text in your browsers, or keep this somewhere in your task notes so that you can quickly copy paste.

javascript:frames=document.getElementsByTagName('iframe');for(i=0;i<frames.length;++i){source=fra mes[i].src;if(source.toLowerCase().indexOf('toodledo')>=0){frames[i].setAttribute('scrolling','yes') ;break;}}void(0);

Now whenever you open your Google Calendar and see no scrollbar there, just paste this line in the address bar and press enter (or just press the bookmark button if you did create that). It will instantly bring scrollbar there.

Of course, still doesn't eliminate the requirement of fixing it by ToodleDo itself, though I don't know if they can fix it without involving Google.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.