ForumsQuestionsMy "New topic / Reply" buttons have disapeared...is this a ban ?

My "New topic / Reply" buttons have disapeared...is this a ban ?
Transisto

Posted: Aug 12, 2010
Score: -2 Reference
As I often held critical opinions about Toodledo on the forum, I suspect I have been somewhat banned.

If that is the case I'd have had expected being noticed officially.

Ps: These buttons are ok on a new account, so no local bug.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2010.
PeterW 

Score: 0 Reference
I saw that Toodledo was just down for maintenance so perhaps it just has something to do with that?
SRhyse

So how did you make this topic?
Transisto

Posted by PeterW:
I saw that Toodledo was just down for maintenance so perhaps it just has something to do with that?

Been like that for ~4 days,

Posted by SRhyse:
So how did you make this topic?

Ain't GreaseMonkey a prerequisite for using toodledo ? ;)
Transisto

Posted: Aug 13, 2010
Solved,

Ticket reply :
...it looks like your account received enough "thumbs down" votes (several hundred) to get blocked from further posting in the forums. This is an automatic process.

Several hundreds... Seriously ?

Given people rarely upvote, even support post, I guess it was only a matter of time.

Thanks for watching.
Transisto (redemption)

Posted: Aug 22, 2010
I think TD must have changed the code for banning 3-4 time lately.

First I could work around it with a greasemonkey script,
...stopped working

Then I Upped some on my post from a temp account.
It did it.

Now I'm banned again, Whatever my rating.

Can't resist saying : What a good use of your time,,, !!!
PeterW 

Your original account labels you as a good samaritan and the "Transisto (Banned)" account labels you as "Neutral". So if you're officially banned, how are you still posting?

I've always found voting/rating/reputation systems on user forums to be unfairly harsh. I like using the voting system on this site to hide spam posts but as for voting against another user's posts, it seems a bit childish.

Just my $0.02.
Transisto (redemption)

I had to create this new account to be able to reply in the forum.

I do not like either the Up/Down system, I'd say about 10-20% of users are aware of it.

For instance you would rarely get an upvote from helping someone. And often you would get downvoted from people hating some of your other post, For example, I've just been downvoted for writing a tips/tricks with this account.

And the results do nothing but hide your post after it's at -2, And supposedly ban you, "after several hundreds dows", But I now know It's more as Jake see fits.

Spams always show up as new post anyway and are as annoying hidden or not and never get deleted. And appropriate feature against spam is more. "Report as Spam" and "moderators" ...This is not Reddit

I noticed this is kind of behavior is very common at Toodledo, Developing new half baked features that are far from being priorities instead of fixing/improving the basics.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2010.
Salgud

Posted: Aug 23, 2010
Posted by Transisto (Banned):

For instance you would rarely get an upvote from helping someone. And often you would get downvoted from people hating some of your other post, For example, I've just been downvoted for writing a tips/tricks with this account.

Interesting. I've only been in these forums on a regular basis since mid July, and have helped out a handful of users with that little I know, and noticed my rating went up last week to "helpful".

I suspect that it takes a lot of negatives to get to being banned, but I don't know how the rating system works.

What I find much more curious than you being banned, is you keep coming back merely to criticize an app you've quit using. Sorry for asking, but I am curious. Do you have a life?
Transisto (redemption)

@Salgud ??? I still use Toodledo, I have invested a lots of time on learning it and made many workarounds for it's problems, I also brought 5-6 3rd party software that sync with Toodledo and subscribed for 3 year upfront.

Thanks for asking.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 2 Reference
Transisto,

The reason why your original account was banned is because you received hundreds of negative votes (I don't vote, just users). This was automatic.

Then you used a browser plugin to hack around the ban, by taking advantage of a bug in our forum software. When I notice this, I fixed the bug. Then you created a fake account and cheated by giving yourself a hundred positive votes. When I discovered this, I put in place a simple filter to prevent this from happening again. Thanks for helping me fix the bugs.

And now it seems that you have found another way to cheat the system by making a fake duplicate account for posting. We all know that you have negative feelings towards Toodledo, and I honestly don't know why you are still here. It isn't constructive or helpful for you to keep venting in the forums. I just spent 5 minutes writing this when I could have been working on the next cool feature.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.