Sorting by Due Date for Task & SubTask
Varun Bhatta

Posted: Aug 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have a task and subtasks setup like the following -
<Task> //doesnt have due date
<subtask1> //Has due date as Today
<subtask2> //Doesnt have due date

So basically, in this set of tasks, I have only one subtask which is active and has a target end date.

But with this setup if I go to Main > All Tasks and with sorting option as "DueDate THEN Folder THEN Context" [the stress is only on the first criterion - due date; the other two can be anything], then the <subTask1> doesnt get listed.
I have tried giving the main task the due date, and that works fine - i am able to see it in Main>All Tasks.
So, the due date sorting works only for main tasks.

The main problem is the subTasks are tightly coupled with the main task. The task with the whole bunch of subTasks is shown as a single block - which means that a subTask doesnt have a life of its own.
This is a hinderance because, in order to overcome the problem i have stated, I sorted using the criteria - "Task/subtask THEN DueDate THEN Folder". Then I get the entire <Task1> with all its subtasks just because the <subTask1> has TODAY as the due date.

Is there any misunderstanding at my side?
Or a better way or suggestion to overcome?

Thanks,
Varun
Varun Bhatta

Posted: Aug 21, 2010
Ok. I hadn't checked with the "flattened" view. Now, the subtask appears separately with the proper due date.

If there are any other workarounds, suggestions, do let me know.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 23, 2010
It is not currently possible to have the date of the subtask filter up to the parent task, but we plan to make this an option in a future update. For now, flattened is how you need to view the list to see subtasks that are due soon.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.