ForumsQuestionsScheduler

Scheduler
robin

Posted: Aug 22, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Hello toodledo team,

first, thank you for this awesome product! This are just two minor feature requests concerning the scheduler.

1. default for partial work possible in long tasks (because in almost all my long tasks i do them partially). Right now, when I add a long task i got to the scheduler to change set it to partial work. Even if I had the default option and i set it to yes, if there is a non-partial-work task coming up in the scheduler i would see it, where now I could forget long tasks.

2. introduce a "not now" button. I often have high priority projects on which I work all day long. When I want to do something else, the scheduler is useless since it always shows my high-prio due-date task. This feature could seduce s.o. to ignore important tasks, but I think it is still useful. What do you think?

Again, you product is already really great!

Regards,
Robin
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
Dalker

Posted: Dec 15, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Hello,

I'd like to add my own simple suggestion for the scheduler.
Presently, the only filtering criteria available is by Context. I'd like to have more flexibility on which tasks I can choose to make available to the Scheduler script.

Fortunately, there's a lot of flexibility in Toodledo already, so this shouldn't be too hard to implement! Simply make it possible for the Scheduler to select tasks only from a specified "Saved Search".

This way, the user can decide on whatever restrictions apply( which may be defined by more than just the Context field), and then let the scheduler do the rest of the work. Also, saved searches are not only re-usable anytime, but can also be modified very easily if needed, so this would really bring all the power of saved searches to the Scheduler. I believe this would really make the Scheduler much more useful (I have to admit I was a bit disappointed by its present limitations, since it's one of the perks I got as a premium user).

Regards,
Daniel
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.