ForumsQuestionsStrategy ideas welcome for "Daily Diary"..

Strategy ideas welcome for "Daily Diary"..
kentpavelka

Posted: Aug 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm sure there are a number of ways to approach the following objective using Toodledo. However, I'm curious if anybody has a system that they think is particularly good.

At the end of the day, I find value of looking at the calendar view to review the tasks, etc. that I have completed (checked off)...and forward incomplete items in the calendar ahead.

It would be a nice addition for me to be able to...at that point...log a paragraph or two somewhere in Toodledo recapping the most important part of my day. I want to be able to view the what would be a "Daily Diary" at any given time. Would be a "place" in my Toodledo program where this log is kept in chronological order by date.

Make sense? Any ideas/thoughts?

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010.
Salgud

Posted: Aug 23, 2010
The most obvious thing that comes to mind is the notebook. You can enter notes there, and they can be placed in your regular folders, or not. I believe notes appear in reverse chronological order, which is how I'd want them. YMMV.
kentpavelka

Posted: Sep 05, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
For anybody else who might be interested in a Daily Diary, here's how I did it:

1. Created task called Daily Diary. No repeats.
2. Created custom search for Daily Diary.
3. Each day, I create a clone of Daily Diary task and move it to the next day. In the original task (for that day)I put my notes pertaining to that day in the "notes" section and mark it as completed.

This allows me to use the Daily Diary search and have a neat listing...chronologically by date...of my entries, day-by-day.
Captain_Obvious

Posted: Sep 05, 2010
Thank for the idea.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.