ForumsQuestionsSubtasks on iPhone?

Subtasks on iPhone?
rublinetsky

Posted: Oct 12, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Is it possible to use subtasks using the Toodledo iPhone app? I would like at least see them or, even better, to be able to edit them.

Thanks!
aldonc

The sub-tasks are displayed on the iPhone and can be edited like any other task. They can't be shown indented and/or grouped with the master task but I don't think that is what you were asking.

aldon
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Our iPhone app will be getting subtasks soon.
rafdompa

Posted: Oct 14, 2008
That is GREAT news!!! From my perspective that is one of the very few things missing from the iPhone app. When is it estimated to be released???

I have looked for this type of application for a very long time - they were all either too simple or too complex. This one is just right.

Subtasks is the main reason I'm considering extending my PRO Subscription trial so this would be a welcomed feature.

Anyone else out there using Subtasks?
Rafael

This message was edited Oct 14, 2008.
oshaugm

Posted: Oct 15, 2008
Hurray for subtasks on the iPhone!
leouarz

Posted: Nov 21, 2008
Posted by aldonc:
The sub-tasks are displayed on the iPhone and can be edited like any other task. They can't be shown indented and/or grouped with the master task but I don't think that is what you were asking.

aldon

That is REALLY a pity! I do not understand why this is not possible. It completely defeats the purpose of Subtasks if they are displayed at the same level as Tasks. This is a major hole in the iPhone App.

Are there any plans for fixing this at some point?

Thx.
scottnwdw

With version 1.3 Subtasks are displayed on the iPhone. There s an icon in the task that shows that it is a subtask. The icon looks like one box above other boxes separated by a line. A parent task will have the box above the line darkened and subtasks will have the boxes below the line darkened.

Hopefully in a future version they can be shown indented or something, but at least now they have the icon rather than nothing at all.
Bill H

I agree that it would be helpful if they could be indented, but it would also be helpful if the subtasks could be grouped or listed right below the task. When I look at my task list (sorted by due date) the rer are other tasks between the main task and sub-task.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you go into the "Filters" on the iphone you can select to have subtasks nested. If you do this, they won't be shown on the main lists, but will only be inside the parent tasks. We hope to support indentation in the future.
njeff

Posted: Nov 25, 2008
I do not have the sub-task nesting option in "Filters" on my iPhone. I have verison 1.3.1. Am I doing something wrong? I am using a trial account right now.
njeff

Posted: Nov 25, 2008
I can see it now, after adding sub-tasks on the website. I still, however, cannot create, move, or reassign subtasks on the iPhone. I can only view what I have done on the website. I use my iPhone as the primary interface - is there any hope that it will have the full use of sub-tasks in the future?

Thank you
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2008
The iPhone has support for viewing and adding subtasks. What you cannot do on the iPhone is move a subtask from one parent to another, or promote a subtask to a parent task. This will hopefully be supported in a future update.

For more info about subtasks on the iPhone, please read the in-app documentation. Tap "Settings", then "Documentation" and then "Subtasks".

Hope that helps
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.