ForumsQuestionsNotes Do Not Display for Publicly Shared Folders

Notes Do Not Display for Publicly Shared Folders
AA

Posted: Aug 29, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

In addition to what I reported in an earlier thread, I think I have now noticed yet another bug introduced in the most recent Toodledo upgrade a couple of days ago.

When you share public folders, the Notes field is no longer visible. :-( Last week, you could still click the Notes icon and the notes for the task would display, but this is no longer working now.

Thank you for fixing this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 30, 2010
Thanks for reporting this bug. I don't know what we did that broke reading notes, but we'll get this fixed ASAP.
AA

Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Already fixed, thank you.

Many thanks also for now having the publicly shared folder use our customized columns order/width. That's just perfect! :-)

One related bug: whenever you click "Hotlist" when viewing publicly shared folders, all the tasks are shown with Importance Level: 2. It's not that I need to share the Hotlist publicly, but I have noticed this bug in passing. The correct Importance Level is only shown for the individual publicly shared folders, not the Hotlist.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the bug report.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, it has been fixed. Also, you can now sort the hotlist on the public sharing page, which was apparently also broken. Whoops.
AA

Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Thank you very much for the previous fixes! I have one more related bug to report. In publicly shared folders, the sort order does not fully copy the task manager's sort order, which is too bad.

For example, if I have a number of tasks sorted by Importance Level, and then by Due Time, this is often ignored in a publicly shared folder, and it only works in my own account. Only the 1st sort criterion is respected in the publicly shared folder (Importance Level), but the second criterion (Due Time) is not, and the tasks are randomly ordered if they have the same Importance Level. And if you reload the page several times, you get to see a different random order of tasks every time. :-(

Thank you if you can fix this. I believe that a publicly shared folder should mirror exactly what the folder owner sees in his Toodledo account, except that it's a publicly shared folder.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 29, 2010
You are correct that public sharing only has 1 level of sorting. This is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.