ForumsQuestionsRepeat after X weekdays

Repeat after X weekdays
gammon

Posted: Sep 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I just transferred over from RTM and have been very happy with TD's customization. However, I'm trying to figure out how to replicate a repeat option from RTM.

I have "clean bathroom" setup to repeat on RTM "after 2nd Sunday". What this does is repeat on the 2nd Sunday from task completion. So in my case, I was supposed to clean the bathroom on Sunday, but didn't get to it until today. I don't need to clean the bathroom for another two weeks, but I want it to happen on Sunday. So in RTM, when I mark it complete, it repeats on 9/12/2010, which is what I want.

It seems that in TD, I have a few options to approach this:

1. Set it to every two weeks from due date. This is not ideal, because sometimes I might take a week and a half to get around to it. So if I clean on 9/8/2010, when it was due on 8/29, the new task is for 9/12, which is only a few days in the future and the bathroom won't need cleaning.

2. Set it to every two weeks from completion. This is a little better, but now if I clean on 9/8, it gets set to 9/22, a Wednesday, when I would prefer to clean on Sunday. So on Wednesday, when this shows up on my radar, I have to manually change it to Sunday. Not a big deal.

3. Almost what I want. I can set it to "every Sunday" repeating from completion. But this still requires me to move it forward a week when it comes up, because I clean every two weeks.

It seems that an "Every 2nd Sunday" option would be perfect. It's not a big deal and certainly not enough to go back to RTM. But please let me know if I can do this in TD and if not I hope you can put it on your radar to think about. It's not too different from the option you already have.

Thanks.
eykanal

Posted: Sep 01, 2010
The answer to this is easier than you think. Set it to be due on the day of your choice (Sunday in your example) and then set the Repeat to "every other week". The limitation here is that you can't write it using the syntax you're describing (because toodledo separates due dates from repeat dates), but the outcome is exactly the same.
gammon

Posted: Sep 02, 2010
Is that any different from "every two weeks"?

When I try to enter "every other week" it just comes out as "Every 1 week". I can enter "every 2 weeks", but from my first two examples this doesn't do exactly what I want.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 02, 2010
Try typing "On the 2nd Sunday" and then set it to "repeat from completion".

More Info: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=2
Linden

Posted: Sep 04, 2010
Wouldn't "on the 2nd Sunday" result in it only appearing once per month? From what I understand of the original request, he's aiming for twice per month.

@gammon, what you're looking for doesn't exist yet. You can set it to every week on a particular day (e.g. repeat every Sun, from completion date), or every two weeks as you outlined in your option 2.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 07, 2010
I must have misread. The closest to twice a month is "every 2 weeks".
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.