ForumsQuestionsreminders for individual todos

reminders for individual todos
kq6ra

Posted: Sep 05, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to set a reminder for a todo item individually rather than the current way where all todos get the same reminder?
Salgud

Posted: Sep 06, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Yes, if you buy the Pro version ($15/yr)
Captain_Obvious

Posted: Sep 07, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Don't listen... You can select all reminder times without needing a Toodledo Pro account.
(Must enable "due time" to get the minutes-hours delays)

Are you using the Appigo ToDo ?, It is the only 3rd party Apps I know with this limitation.

It should hopefully be updated in the upcoming version 4.

This message was edited Sep 07, 2010.
kq6ra

Posted: Sep 27, 2010
Captain_Obvious

Thanks for the reply. What I am wondering is how to set an email reminder for a todo item individually. From what I see it requires a pro account for this.

Brad
Salgud

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by kq6ra:
Captain_Obvious

Thanks for the reply. What I am wondering is how to set an email reminder for a todo item individually. From what I see it requires a pro account for this.

Brad

Yes, that is correct, just as I said.
Captain_Obvious

Posted by kq6ra:
Captain_Obvious

Brad

You are on the web version ? and want to email "set an email reminder for a todo item individually"

I hardly understand what you mean.

If you want to be able to be emailed a reminder for any task at any delay at any email address.

Only the last one is not possible, Weather you pay or not.
Purveyor

From the Help topic:
On the Reminders page in the Tools & Services section you can specify an email address, SMS address, Twitter account, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that will get reminders for tasks that are due soon.

You can pick which tasks get reminders by clicking the "Remind Me" checkbox above the calendar when editing the task's due date. If you have a Pro subscription you can customize the lead-time for each reminder from 1 minutes to 30 days ahead of time.

Only tasks that have a due-date will trigger a reminder, if the reminder checkbox is checked. If your task doesn't have a due-time, Toodledo will use 12:00 noon as the default time by which it calculates the lead-time for the reminder.

Be sure that you have your timezone set correctly in your account settings, otherwise Toodledo won't know the correct time to send the reminders to you.
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=46

This message was edited Sep 27, 2010.
Captain_Obvious

Posted by Purveyor:
If you have a Pro subscription you can customize the lead-time for each reminder from 1 minutes to 30 days ahead of time.

It should be modified, since :

5.13 Aug 3, 2010 iPhone/iPad app Version 2.0.4
✔ You can now select the full list of reminder times without needing a Toodledo Pro account.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/news.php

This message was edited Sep 27, 2010.
kq6ra

If this is true

5.13 Aug 3, 2010 iPhone/iPad app Version 2.0.4
✔ You can now select the full list of reminder times without needing a Toodledo Pro account.

Then why is this not a feature of the website? Why does only the iPhone app have access to this?
Captain_Obvious

It's not only on the iphone version, on the web I think you must have enabled "time due" in "Fields/Functions Used:" to see the option.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have updated our FAQ to indicate that an iPhone will also unlock the full number of reminder times. Thanks for pointing this out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.