ForumsQuestionsHow can Completed tasks not become Overdue?

How can Completed tasks not become Overdue?
jilapeno

Posted: Sep 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm finding it rather irritating that my tasks are becoming "Overdue" *after* I have already completed them. I understand that I can set filters, etc. so that I don't see the tasks, but that's not what I want. Why can't the Due Date field just stop updating once the task is completed? I only want my non-completed tasks to indicate they're overdue.

Are there any future enhancements planned to fix this? Any other suggestions for managing this in the mean time?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
"Overdue" really just means that the date is older than today, but I see what you mean. A completed task isn't "overdue". We'll find a way to represent this.
jilapeno

Thanks for the quick reply! I look forward to seeing how you address this (soon, I hope) =)
piyush_soni

Oh I didn't know that! Really? That'd be too weird to all the users for whom a task can be overdue only when it is really 'due'. But I think it should be simple to fix!
jevanspritchard

I agree that this should be changed!
teriaw73

Posted: Jan 08, 2011
Was anything done about this issue? I'm noticing that all of my daily repeat tasks that I completed yesterday are showing as overdue (and checked off as completed) on my iTouch (I noticed yesterday the same thing about tasks from the day previous). I don't seem to have this problem online. I'm new to the program, so maybe there is a setting in the iTouch app that I don't know about but need to change?
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 08, 2011
Unfortunately it's always been like this. I'd like it changed too.
teriaw73

Posted: Jan 09, 2011
I got motivated to look at this some more today when not only did completed tasks from yesterday show up in my to do list, but completed tasks from two days ago were there too.

I figured out there's actually a way to access filters for the iTouch app and Hide the completed tasks from the list. If you're in the task list, the tiny text "Hidden Tasks: 0" (near the top left of the screen) is actually a link to the filters menu. Once in the filters menu, I was able to click the Hide option for Completed Tasks. And now these so-called Overdue but Completed tasks are no longer cluttering up my task list.
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 09, 2011
If you check the original post, @jilapeno was aware that he/she could hide completed tasks. I'm not sure if they were talking about the iPhone app or the web app but the problem does exist on the web app and that's was what I was referring to when I posted.

I have Toodledo set to hide completed tasks but I do use the 'recently completed' tab and also a custom search tab named 'completed today' so that I can review progress. It's just plain wrong that completed tasks show as overdue. It's a bug.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.