ForumsQuestionsOffline Access

Offline Access
pjpw2320

Posted: Sep 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have used many online task managers over a period of years and Toodledo is right up there with the best, if not the best one I have used.

However one big feature holding it back is the lack of built in offline access and whilst it is not alone in lacking this feature it could secure itself an unrivaled position at the top of the heap by being the first to fully integrate it into the product without reliance on other applications which, like Google Gears, can come and go at the whim of third party developers.

I note that users have been asking for this feature for some considerable time and Toodledo even posted a response in June 2008 saying it was high on their priority list however here we are nearly at the end of 2010 and still not implemented nor can anyone say when it will be.

Sorry Toodledo but this is just not good enough.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 27, 2010
Adding offline support involves re-engineering the entire website from scratch. It is a big project, and we aren't spending 100% of our time on it, but we are making progress. It is complicated by the fact that Google Gears (Which we were using) was discontinued, so we had to change directions. Also, not every web browser supports native offline mode yet (Firefox and IE for example), so we have been waiting a little bit for some of these slacker browsers to catch up with capability.
cornopean

If offline is important for you, I tink doit.im does this.
Captain_Obvious

Score: 1 Reference
I've been using TaskAngel for a while (offline toodledo), I really like the benefits of faster speed, pop-up alarm and global hotkeys.

have a look , http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/

This message was edited Sep 27, 2010.
pjpw2320

Posted: Oct 02, 2010
Is a rewrite planned to utilise the benefits of the emerging HTML 5 standard which I understand will allow for built in offline access?
piyush_soni

Posted: Oct 03, 2010
@above: You understand it all wrong.

This message was edited Oct 04, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 04, 2010
We are already using some HTML 5 (geolocation) and we are working to implement the offline access portion as well.
pjpw2320

Posted: Nov 05, 2010
Posted by piyush_soni:
@above: You understand it all wrong.

Please explain it then.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.