ForumsQuestionsWIndows Phone 7

WIndows Phone 7
mike

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I've been on the WP7 development since Mix10. I went to the PDC launch, and I have been watching Microsofts commitment to the product as well as the commitment of other developers to the platform. Apps will make or break the phone. The developer response has been enormously positive, and the marketplace is looking good. I'll fix up my toodledo this weekend, and see how fast i can get it going. i'll get it up and running with no notebook support first, and will promise updates as fast as i can. I have had a WP7 for a while and really miss my toodledo (RTM sucks).
mikewo

Posted: Nov 15, 2010
@mike
I have a WP7 phone and would love to help beta test if you need it.

I'm also a software designer by trade so I was coming here to research if someone else was putting one of these together or not.
jim

No rush or anything, just wanted to let you know that I'm still looking forward to the app.
Every day on the forums there is someone else looking for a tasks solution, so I think the app will be successful.
mike

I converted all the code to the new Toodledo API this weekend. I am redesigning the UI now. I will post screenshots tonight or tomorrow on my blog so anyone interested can give me suggestions. I will get the basic functionality in the store ASAP (i'm already a registered seller with msft), with a promise to keep making it better.

I'll keep watching this thread if anyone has any advice or suggestions. I REALLY need my Toodledo on my phone, too...so I'm trying as fast as I can. (but I have three small children, one on the way, and my brothers wife is having a baby today and i'm watching their two small children also...so life is busy. and i have a full time job, too)

is this an app that people are willing to pay for? if so, what would you like to pay?
jim

mike, I think people are willing to pay for it, though I'm unsure how much. How much is the official Toodledo app for iPhone? (I don't want to reinstall iTunes just to check as a quick search didn't bring it up.) I wouldn't charge more than the official app on iPhone costs, but that's just me. I'm guessing something like five bucks is fair, but I'm not a developer, so that's just me putting in my two cents.

What's your blog's url?
David Foale

Posted: Nov 16, 2010
Hi mike a quick scan of what is on the marketplace shows that comparable products (folder support,date support etc) are priced between $2 - $4. However unless I'm missing something these comparable products don't have desktop support via a website like toodledo and advanced sub folder mangement

So i think a fair price would be between around $2 to $4 given 1. The toodledo iphone app is $3.99 2. You are planing on fine tuning it on along the way.

Anyway my 2 cents worth good luck !
kristos.zagorianos

Posted: Nov 17, 2010
@David.foale- I agree with the $3.99 as a fair price

@all...I can tell you that in teh 24 hours since I have owned my phone, the SLim version of toodledo is not good...and the simple version is ok...and the full version is very slow.
mike

Posted: Nov 18, 2010
I am working on it. Getting close. I have made it very WP7 Metro looking. Will set up a blog tonight posting screenshots and progress and asking for feedback. Check tomorrow for http://photon.funkymule.com.
mike

Posted: Nov 19, 2010
Got my first screen concepts online. Check out http://photon.funkymule.com. Will get live screen shots and videos posted soon.

jim

Posted: Nov 20, 2010
I gotta say, that looks really, really nice.
Andrew A

Posted: Nov 22, 2010
@mike
Not a Windows guy by anyone's stretch of the imagination, but that's a pretty start.

This message was edited Nov 22, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted: Nov 22, 2010
@mike
Very nice! Hope to be able to use it soon!
Scott

Posted: Dec 24, 2010
Any idea as to when this app will be available for the rest of us?
fabian.hoeger

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
Hi everybody,

my Todo-App for Windows Phone 7 has a Tooodledo sync now, too.
Would be nice if there are some people willing to take a look at it.

Marketplace:

Applist:
http://wp7applist.com/en-US/app/4761/atodomap

http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=7558f044-db01-e011-9264-00237de2db9e

Kind regards
Fabian
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.