ForumsQuestionsiPod Touch / iPhone App

iPod Touch / iPhone App
toodledid

Posted: Oct 04, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I use the iPhone app on my iPod, its great but I do not seem to get the alerts unless I am using the ipod at the time.

OS4 Calendar alerts even if the iPod is sleeping, but not Toodledo - I checked and notifications is fully enabled for Toodledo.

Any idea why? This is the only thing stopping me from a paid subscription atm.

Thanks
J
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 04, 2010
Currently, alerts must be sent from toodledo.com, so if your iPod is asleep or does not have an internet connection, it wont get the alert. Apple recently allowed third-party apps to set alarms that trigger even if there is no network connection, and we are working to bring this to our app in a future update, soon.
toodledid

Posted: Oct 10, 2010
Fantastic, thanks :) I'll pay for a subscription then :)
mreitan

Posted: Nov 02, 2010
I also would like to be able to use the native IPOD touch OS in order to get popup reminders and not have to rely on push.

Is there any indication on when Toodledo will release an updated Version for the Ipod Touch that will utilize the multitasking in iOS4 and allow popups for reminders? Will it be by the end of the year, Q1 2011, or longer?
toodledid

Posted: Nov 29, 2010
Any news on when this feature may be included in a release?

My money is burning a hole in my pocket - I need this feature to justify paying for a subscription.

Regards
J
PeterW 

Small request to Jake - can you program the forum to prevent users from naming themselves 'Toodledo'? It gets a bit confusing at times.
toodledid

Mod: Do change my name if its causing confusion, I had no choice, the name was derived from my email address/login.

Any name you chose is fine with me.
toodledid

NM, just realised I could do it myself.
toodledid

:)
piyush_soni

Posted: Nov 30, 2010
I was about to post this request too. A forum should always enforce unique username - It's one of the basic requirements. Tomorrow someone can create another id as mine (piyush_soni) and cause defamation to my name ! :P

Edit: And I won't even have 'Administrator' written below my name, hence increasing the confusion :)

ToodleDo, how about also showing the Gravatar below our id's - seems to be really easy to implement in any website and makes identify people better (Hundreds of websites are using this)

This message was edited Nov 30, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 30, 2010
Forum names are now forced to be unique and not "Toodledo".

We didn't retroactively enforce this rule, so it will only apply going forwards for new users and people who decide to change their name in their account settings. We'll see if there is a way to retroactively enforce uniqueness.
stracey

Posted: Dec 01, 2010
I recently downloaded the Toodledo app for iPhone and am in the middle of making everything (Outlook, ReQall, Evernote and Toodledo) work together the way I want. My first stumbling block seems to be that on the iPhone add you cannot sort by context. I chose to match my outlook task categories up with contexts rather than folders and am now realizing that maybe they should have been folders as you can sort by that. Am I missing something? Is there a way to sort by context on the iPhone?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can sort by context. You must not have this field enabled.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=74
Purveyor

Never mind.

This message was edited Dec 01, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.