ForumsQuestionsFeature request: parent-task drop-down list on new task creation

Feature request: parent-task drop-down list on new task creation
clason

Posted: Oct 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
In Toodledo, I use some tasks as projects, with subtasks as the actions to be done for that project.

Often, when creating a new task, I want to make it the subtask of an existing task. I know I can do this if I navigate to the existing task that I want to make a subtask for, but this is often cumbersome.

It would be nice to simply pick from a list of possible parent tasks (i.e. tasks that already have subtasks) whenever creating a new task. So, just as you choose (for example) a folder for a new task, you would also choose a parent task for that new task.

I know you probably haven't done this because it's painful to dynamically generate a list of all parent tasks as a pull-down list of options.

But as a usability issue, it's huge. I typically have 20-30 ongoing projects and more than a hundred tasks against those projects. I enter new tasks all the time. As it stands today, whenever I enter a new task that's part of an existing project, it involves searching out that task's parent task project from a long list.

Any plans to do this. Any suggested work-arounds?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
As you mentioned, generating a pull down list of every parent task, is difficult. A workaround is to create a saved search for parent tasks. Then you can quickly go to this list and use the action menu to add a subtask directly to the parent that you need.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.