ForumsQuestionsAutomatic backup work-around

Automatic backup work-around
DanH_2

Posted: Oct 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I recently had the hair-raising experience of losing all my to-do items. Others have reported this, and I'm not blaming Toodledo. The cause was probably GotToDo on my Android phone, and Toododo's policy is to disclaim responsibility, which is their privilege.

I hereby request an automatic daily database backup of some kind. Even simply putting all deleted items (regardless of the source of the deletion request) into a "deleted" folder would be a big help. But I'm willing to be patient.

For the benefit of others, though, I'd like to tell how I recovered my data. As it happens, I had the Windows program TaskAngel running, with a regular sync setup. TaskAngel can be set to back up its database automatically! I simply opened the backup file, re-synched, and was restored to the date of the last backup. Some cleanup work required, but not much. The default location for TaskAngel data, including the backup file, is C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\MyPocketSoft\TaskAngel.

So while we're waiting for an auto-backup feature, you might want to consider using TaskAngel too: http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/.

Dan Hotchkiss
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Daily backups are something that are on our to-do list. For now, you will need to do backups manually, and be careful with third-party apps.

You can also see a list of deleted tasks on your "recently deleted tasks" list at the bottom of your account settings.
DanH_2

Right, though to be fair, it was a third-party app that saved my task list this time around.

Since then, I've created a bookmark in my browser to the address for XML backups: http://www.toodledo.com/xml.php. It's the next best thing to automatic!

Dan
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.