ForumsQuestionsRecurrence

Recurrence
Brian Anderson_2

Posted: Oct 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I have a number of tasks set up as a recurrence. When I complete the task the green tick goes in the box but does the recurrence automatically re-generate another task at this point for the future date.

Sometimes I complete the recurring task earlier than the due date and mark it complete then but it does not seem to automatically regenerate a task then too.

Is the re-generation of a recurrring task done after the orginal due date and time or do I have to do something to get the completed recurring task to re generate a new task ?

Thanks
Salgud

Posted: Oct 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
A recurring task will automatically regenerate, you don't have to do anything beyond setting the recurrance interval. You have a lot of options - you might want to take a look here:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=repeat

Also note, right next to the Repeat box is the Repeat From option box, and you can select whether the recurring tasks generate from the due date of the original task or from it's date of completion.

For instance, if I have "mow lawn" repeating every 2 weeks, and I slip by a week, I don't want the recurring task to become due a week later, I want it to be due 2 weeks after I last mowed the lawn. So it would be set to "From date of Completion".

There's even more in the help screens, and you can search these forums for ideas and examples of how others use recurring tasks.

HTH
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.