ForumsQuestionsSharing Specific Folders...

Sharing Specific Folders...
donna.w.carr

Posted: Oct 16, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi All...
My wife and I set up individual Toodledo accounts but want to be able to share a common "honey-dos" list. Some items she assigns me (most of them :-) and some I assign to her (rarely). We set up a specific folder each would share. She gave me level 3 permission for her honey-dos folder and I gave her level 3 permission for my honey-dos folder. When we "reassigned" all the projects she wanted me to do... they disappeared from her list completely. She finds this uncomfortable because she can't keep track of what has been done and what has not... How can we set up our accounts so we can reassign AND see each others list? We both have pro accounts.

Thank you for any help you can give us.
J Carr

Hi All again... just for the record... I inadvertently posted the above question from my wife's account. Sorry hon!
PeterW 

I don't use or need sharing/collaboration but here's what I'd do to workaround the problem.

1. Create your task, and flag it as 'Waiting for', i.e. put it into a specific folder, or use the status field or a context or tag so that you can easily view all such tasks.

2. Clone the task (an option under the Lego icon). This simply creates an exact copy very quickly.

3. Reassign the cloned copy to your spouse. It disappears from your list.

Now you both have a copy - one for you to track and one in your spouse's list to do.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 18, 2010
Peter has a good work around. Currently a task can only have 1 owner, so either you or your wife will have to own it. You can always view each other's lists to see the status of a particular task. We are working on improvements to sharing that will make this more streamlined.
J Carr

Posted: Oct 19, 2010
How can we look at each other's lists? What would the set up be for that? JC
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 19, 2010
In the toolbar above your list, click on "Collaborators" then click on the person's name to switch to their list.
greginfla_

Posted: Dec 04, 2010
(Under peters work around) if the wife completes a cloned task, is the parent/original task removed from the husband list?
piyush_soni

Posted by greg:
(Under peters work around) if the wife completes a cloned task, is the parent/original task removed from the husband list?

No.
PeterW 

There would be no automatic update so you'd need to manage this manually.

This would be the same as any other 'waiting for' task where the other person doesn't use Toodledo. It will still be up to you to follow up to ensure completion. In a work environment I consider it good management. I guess in a marriage it might not be necessary!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.