ForumsQuestionsTag management

Tag management
toodleto

Posted: Oct 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Quote from ToodleDo Admin 28 Oct 2009 -

"Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to append or selectively remove a single tag from multiple tasks at the same time. This is something that we hope to support in a future update".

From what I can see this is still the case. Or does anyone know how I can selectively remove a single tag from a list of selected tasks without removing the other tags in the same tasks?

Thanks for any help.
PeterW 

Posted: Oct 23, 2010
I haven't tried this before now but just had a go and it seemed to work OK for me.

What I did was go to the Search view, create a new search to find tasks with a specific Tag, and then use the Multi-Edit feature to change that Tag to something else. I was also able to add a tag and then remove the tag. Essentially, all I was doing was replacing the Tag field with something else.

So for example if the Tag field contains:
Tag1, Tag2
...I was able to replace that with just Tag1 thereby removing Tag2.

I was also able to replace the field with
Tag1, Tag2, Tag3
...thereby adding Tag3.

I guess it might be tricky if you have tasks with multiple tags and those tags are in different orders.
toodleto

Posted: Oct 24, 2010
Thanks Peter. I think that the scenario I have in mind is slightly different (as hinted at in your last sentence) from the one you describe above.

I have 20 tags defined with say 100 tasks containing the tag I want to remove but each of those 100 also contains a unique combination of one or more of the other 19 tags. It does not seem possible in this case remove the specific single tag value from each task while keeping the other tag values untouched.

It seems that in a multi-edit whatever values you have in the Tag change field completely replace whatever was there for each task.

Sorry for the wordy narrative!

This message was edited Oct 24, 2010.
piyush_soni

You want to install this: ToodleDO Mutli-Edit Tasks

(Can auto-select all tasks with a given tag, and can remove just a given tag from all of them.
Technocrap

That had been requested before , : "Multi-edit of tags not to override all previous tags" http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6475/0/multi-edit-of-tags-add-tag-vs-replace-tags.html

It's on his todo list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.