ForumsQuestionsImporting an XML file from Basecamp

Importing an XML file from Basecamp
angela

Posted: Oct 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I tried importing an XML file from Basecamp and I got the following message:

"We found the following items in your xml file. Please confirm that this is correct before continuing."

Yet, there was no button or link or anywhere I could see to confirm...

Anyone know how I can import my file or confirm this message?

Thanks,
Angela
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We currently do not support the Basecamp fileformat, but this is on our to-do list.
angela

I did a raw data export in XML format, and your import has an XML format option... so, I'm confused.

Would it work to export in html files?

Thanks,
Angela
piyush_soni

Text from their XML Import page:

This will read in an xml file in a variety of formats and add the tasks to your todo list. Currently we support XML files from the following services: Toodledo, Voo2do, and Vitalist. If your XML file has more than 200 tasks, our import script may run out of memory and display a blank page. If this happens, you will need to edit your XML file by hand and import it in batches of 200 or fewer tasks per batch. To get another service added to this list, please send us a sample file and a description of the service.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2010.
Purveyor

Posted by angela:
I did a raw data export in XML format, and your import has an XML format option... so, I'm confused.
There's no universal standard for storing task data in XML format. Toodledo needs to "understand" the data before importing it.

Just as a matter of curiosity, take a look at the Wikipedia article on XML and you'll get an idea of why Toodledo can't automatically import the Basecamp XML file.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.