ForumsQuestionsTimezone changed

Timezone changed
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Nov 04, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello everyone,

sorry if this is the wrong forum. I noticed today that my timezone changed by one hour.
This last weekend was daylight savings change here in Portugal, and I was convinced that TD would incorporate that change in my settings but that didn't occurred. So I would like to remember everyone to change your timezone when you change the hour, that way preventing some headaches.

All the best
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 05, 2010
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 07, 2010
I know this has been discussed at length in the past, but something doesn't seem right.

My timezone (Australian Eastern Standard Time) went onto daylight savings October 3rd. I didn't change anything on the website and didn't experience any problems so assume that my Toodledo time was updated via my iPhone syncing with the site.

However, I've just noticed this morning that my Toodledo time is now one hour behind my current time. So it seems that the USA daylight savings time change has affected my Toodledo time.

Is this what we should expect? The problem with this is that many of us outside the USA won't necessarily know or keep track of when daylight savings starts & stops inside the USA. How do we deal with this?
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
What is this Toodledo?

Portugal changed in the weekeend of 30/31 of October and I had to change my hour in Toodledo. Now I see that because the hour changed in US I have to change my settings again - what is going on here?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Daylight savings time seems to always cause problems. It is a very complicated thing to solve from an engineering point of view. Even Apple can't do it right

Please read our explanation of it here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=113

We will keep looking into it and make any changes that we can. Sorry for the inconvenience.
PeterW 

I've just noticed that my Toodledo time has dropped back by one hour again this morning. After syncing from Todo, it went forward an hour to the correct time. Is this going to be what I have to do every day for the next 5 months?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2010
Todo does not have the ability to adjust your time settings on Toodledo, so I don't know how this would happen. The only way that your time is changed is in your account settings or via our iPhone app syncing.

If it happens again, please open a support ticket.
PeterW 

I've been keeping a close eye on it this morning and have more info if you're interested.

I'm not so sure now that it is the time in the account settings that is changing - what I've been looking at is the time at the bottom of the menu bar, which I assume should be the same thing.

After your post above I looked at the time and it was my correct local time, 10:08am. I then hid the menu bar and kept working. About half an hour later I opened the menu bar and the time said 9:23am. It should have been about 10:35am so it definitely went backwards.

While keeping an eye on the time on the menu, I clicked on Account Settings and it immediately updated to the correct time.

I've noticed that the time on the menu does not keep pace with actual (computer) time either.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Which "Menu bar" are you referring to?
piyush_soni

He is probably referring to your left column/pane which you can hide. (the div with id 'toc')
PeterW 

Yes, the left-hand menu.
PeterW 

I've kept an eye on it the rest of the day. The time in the menu bar has not been updated since 10:39am this morning so it looks to me that only certain events update this, e.g. a full browser page refresh, clicking on the date/time itself, etc. Other events such as adding/updating tasks and switching tabs has no effect.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 10, 2010
The clock in the lower left corner of the page will only update on page reload.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.