ForumsQuestionsForum answer organization

Forum answer organization
Brian_14

Posted: Nov 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Pls explain why responses to forum questions aren't in chronological order. It's logical and efficient to have them in descending order so that when we check for new input to questions that we're following over time, the latest appears at the top of page one, the next most recent is under that, etc. This is how other forums are organized anyway. Today I searched a word that had many pages of responses and the dates of them were in no order whatsoever. There is no way I can follow the history of the topic when the submissions are not in descending or ascending order.
Technocrap

Score: -1 Reference
The idea for Toodledo to build his own forum was a really bad one.

Sorry, there is no going back, and yes it suck.
Salgud

Actually, I've found this forum format exceptional, one of the better ones I've worked with over the years. I can track those threads I'm most interested in, see all of my own posts, or anyone elses with a click of the mouse. And so far, all the threads I've followed have been in chronological order. I must be missing something.

This message was edited Nov 19, 2010.
Brian_14

Search the word "offline" in the Questions forum.
eykanal

The forums do appear (for me, at least) in ascending order, with oldest posts first, newest at bottom. This is standard forum layout. Some forums offer descending order; six of one, half-dozen of the other.

I also agree with salgud that this forum format is exceptional - easy to use, very little visual cruft, very quick and responsive. Much better than, say, phpbb or vbulletin.
Brian_14

eykanal, pls search the word "offline" in the Questions forum, scroll thru the entries, and let me know how it displays for you. Thx.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Searches are displayed by relevance, not chronologically. Like how Google does it. Best match at the top.
Technocrap

Score: -2 Reference
Posted by Technocrap:
The idea for Toodledo to build his own forum was a really bad one.

It's no insult, It is very good for what it was meant to be used for. But plenty of other feature would have come free with a 3rd party forum solution.

Many quality issue with Toodledo force us to use the forum. Poor documentation being one of them.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.