ForumsQuestionsCollaborator to view: All ?

Collaborator to view: All ?
Gareth

Posted: Nov 23, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Hello all,

Is there a way in my To-Do List to view all tasks assigned to all collaborators, and have an additional column called "assigned to". We have a small organisation of only two people and it would be useful to see all tasks in one list.

Many thanks,
Gareth.
Henrik

Posted: Nov 24, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I agree with Gareth, but would like to chime in with a complimentary wish:

Besides being able to see all collaborators' tasks (as per Gareth's request), I'd also like to see my own tasks intermixed with my collaborator(s) tasks. In which case the "Assigned To" would obviously show, "Me".

This would make Toodledo an even greater tool for managing tasks within a team.

Perhaps one approach of implementing this would be to add a new entity called Workgroups, where you can specify and edit groups of people which you'd pick from your collaborators list. For example, Workgroup 1 consists of Person A, B and C, Workgroup 2 consists of Me, Person C and Person F, and so on. Then simply have your workgroups displayed next to where you show individual collaborators right now.

From this:
Collaborator to view: Me PersonA PersonB PersonC PersonD PersonE PersonF (add a collaborator)

To something like this:
Collaborator to view: Me PersonA PersonB PersonC PersonD PersonE PersonF Workgroup1 Workgroup2 (add a collaborator) (add workgroup)

(One last note, regarding the name of the Workgroup entity. One may argue whether "Workgroup" is the perfect label, or if (more likely) a more generic, "Collaboration Group" would fit better.)

This message was edited Nov 24, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 27, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.