ForumsQuestionsError Message: "Trying to Access" Outlook email addresses

Error Message: "Trying to Access" Outlook email addresses
gwisesan

Posted: Nov 30, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I downloaded "Chromatic Dragon's Toodledo Sync Application" in order to sync Toodledo with Outlook tasks.

Per the instructions, when I right click, the icon (in toolbar), and click on "Manual Sync" I get the following error message:

"A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?

If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and should choose no."

When I click on no, the window this error window doesn't close. I've tried to click no or close this window and it keeps popping up. The worst part is that with this dialogue book, I am unable to use any Outlook functions (email, contacts, tasks, etc.)

Please help!

Thanks,

G-

PS- Additionally Toodledo.com sync doesn't appear to work. When I add a new task to Outlook it doesn't appear in Toodledo and when I add a task to Tooledo, it doesn't appear in Outlook.

This is very frustrating. I paid $4.00 and I have had nothing put trouble. : (
piyush_soni

You paid $4 for Chromatic Dragon's sync app? I thought it was free.

Anyway, which outlook are you using? If your integrated Antivirus is turned off, Outlook tries to become extra cautious. Go to your Options->Trust Center->Trust Center Settings->Programmatic Access and select 'Never warn me about suspicious activity'. It was doing the same with me so I selected that option.

I have not found a way to include only some applications in my trust list when I'm not the admin.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The Outlook Sync tool was made by a third-party developer. Please contact them for support with their product. They can be reached at : http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Hope that helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.