ForumsQuestionsMissing completed tasks that are less that 6 months old?

Missing completed tasks that are less that 6 months old?
Jason

Posted: Dec 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have a slew of tasks that were created less than 60 days ago (gee, is it holiday season?), some of which are completed. Today I went to update and print out my "hard copy update", which I like to include completed tasks. Only one completed tasks is showing up (which fits within the 14 day recently completed filter). However, various combinations of searches and history refuse to reveal the completed tasks, which are clearly within the 6 month retention for free accounts.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Going to History, entering "within the last 60 days" (or 90 days) does not add any additional completed tasks to the resulting view.

Thanks!

--Jason
piyush_soni

Posted: Dec 12, 2010
Go to http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php and see the 'Retention of Completed Tasks' column. It's a pro feature to keep them after 6 months.
Jason

Posted: Dec 13, 2010
Yes, but I'm missing items that are only 4-6 WEEKS old?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Free accounts are limited to 1 week of history. A Pro account can unlock the complete history back to the retention time that you have set in your account settings.
piyush_soni

Really? So what's written on the Pro page is wrong?

This message was edited Dec 13, 2010.
Purveyor

This is what the page says:
You can set when old completed tasks are purged from your account. With a subscription, you can extend the retention period.

Key word is "purged".

For a free account, the retention period is "Up to 6 months".

In the Help topic, it says this:
Members with a free account can save their completed tasks for up to 6 months, however any task completed more than 1 week ago will be hidden. Subscribers can extend the retention time and unlock the ability to view tasks completed more than 1 week ago.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=86

This message was edited Dec 13, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Also, the upgrade page you linked to says that the history is limited to 1 week for Free accounts.
Andrew A

Posted: Dec 14, 2010
I think the nuance here is that if you upgrade, your history becomes available.

I'll be honest, since I joined the distinction between free and pro seems to have narrowed, but the app is definitely worth the 15 bucks for subtasks and enhanced reminders (really, it's like a 1.25 a month and helps support and encourage current operation and future development). I tell you it's the best 4 cents a day I have ever spent.
greginfla_

Posted: Dec 14, 2010
$15 is very fair. great support; a very solid/flexible(but visually ugly) program. I am very frugal and I think the investment is well worth it.
Jason

Posted: Dec 17, 2010
Thank you for the explanation. I have no beef about short retention times etc for free accounts, but it certainly would be nice to see that represented more directly in the help pages. I only found the mention about 6 months retention, and upgrade to Pro but somehow couldn't locate the bit about restricted history.

Of course, now all I can find are the links above, which ARE explicit.

At any rate, I agree $15/yr is a good deal and have subscribed.

Thanks to all!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.