ForumsQuestionsViewing number of posts > 1000 on iPod Touch

Viewing number of posts > 1000 on iPod Touch
mr_many_notes

Posted: Nov 13, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Firstly, let me say that I love what I have seen so far of Toodledo!

I have over 6000 notes which I have succesfully imported into Toodledo as todos, but on the iPod Touch the number of Todos in each folder is only shown with 3 digits, and after that it shows it with dots. e.g. a folder with 312 notes will show "312" but a folder with 3528 notes will just show "35..." next to it. It's rather annoying not having any way to see how many todos are actually in a folder.

Soooo...
1) Is there any way I can see the REAL number on the iPod Touch? - I know that I can find out how many are in a folder from the website, but I'd like to be able to see on the iPod Touch

2) Could you very clever folks at Toodledo maybe fix this so it simply shows the full number?!?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 13, 2008
Wow, that is a heck of a lot of todos. We never anticipated that anyone would have over a thousand active tasks or notes. I'll see about getting this fixed in a future update.
mr_many_notes

Posted: Jan 27, 2009
Still looking forward to seeing this fixed. Thanks!
mr_many_notes

Posted: May 22, 2009
This is still sadly broken on the iPod. It makes it actually very difficult to be know whether the sync has worked correctly (which is also a feature which doesn't work for thousands of ToDos).

Any idea when this will be fixed?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 22, 2009
We hope to make improvements to syncing in the next iPhone update.
mr_many_notes

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
I was very excited to see in the toodledo update for iPhone 3.0 update that this problem of numbers of tasks larger than 999 was supposedly fixed.

Imagine my disappointment and laughter when I see that it's nothing of the sort! Clearly whoever tested this "fix" didn't test it on an iPod with thousands of notes.

The home page number-bubble of the application does at least now show the total number if greater than 999. However none of the other number-bubbles are any different at all!! For example, "All Tasks" on mine shows "7695", but when I go into folders I see "Folder A" has "30..." tasks (groan!), and "Folder B" has "11.." tasks (groan!). Even the "Any Folder" shows only "76..." - it should be obvious that at least this counter needs to show all the digits.

Nice try! Still needs some work though.

(I'll say too that the 4-digit number like 7695 in the current bubble is almost unreadable because it's so small).

This message was edited Jul 07, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Hi Mr Many Notes,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You are correct that we failed to fix the display issue with the number badge on folders. We will get this fixed.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.