ForumsQuestionsViiew by Tag doesn't show all tags?

Viiew by Tag doesn't show all tags?
jsmail63-reg

Posted: Nov 14, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
In View by Tag, I noticed that I automatically get little "tabs" with "most" of the tags I've entered displayed across the toolbar. (Cool!). Clicking on any of the tabs "filters" the To-Do list by tag. (So far, so good!)..BUT..

I noticed that not "every" tag has a tab. There also doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which tag gets a tab automatically and which ones don't.

I know I can create a custom search for a particular tag, but don't love how the display separates things by date (ie: 'completed on' headers). Clicking "toggle headers" in this view also didn't do what I expected - it actually collapsed the detail lines UNDER the headers (so only headers were shown!) vs getting rid of the headers. Not sure if that's what was intended, or if this might be a bug..

Thanks..
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 15, 2008
Tags have to be separated by a comma. I'm not sure if you knew that. If you don't use a comma, it won't know when a new tag is created. Also, if you have more tags than can fit across the top, they lesser used ones will be hidden under the "More" link.

Hope that helps.
jsmail63-reg

Posted: Nov 15, 2008
Thanks, Toodledo.

Might be a bug - the tag that I don't see a tab for is the "only" one on the task. And it doesn't show up on the Tags list under Task View By (Tag).

I also only have 5 or so total tags that show as tabs..and lots of room for other tags across the top.

Any ideas?

Thanx..
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 17, 2008
If you want to give us permission to look into your account, we can check it out. Please use the "contact us" form to privately email us the name of the tag that isn't showing up and we'll look into your account and see what the problem is.

Thanks
saskia.x

Posted: Nov 18, 2008
Posted by jsmail63-reg:
I know I can create a custom search for a particular tag, but don't love how the display separates things by date (ie: 'completed on' headers). Clicking "toggle headers" in this view also didn't do what I expected - it actually collapsed the detail lines UNDER the headers (so only headers were shown!) vs getting rid of the headers. Not sure if that's what was intended, or if this might be a bug..

These separators are based on your "sort" settings, so you can change them by changing the primary sort. It won't get rid of them entirely, but it can change them to something you'll find more useful (I like importance best). A workaround to get rid of the headers is to sort by a field you don't actually use!

The sort settings can be different for each view, so any changes you make to sorting in search will only apply to searches, not to your other views such as folder/context/hotlist etc.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.