ForumsQuestionsHistory of completed RECURRING tasks

History of completed RECURRING tasks
melvynm

Posted: Jan 05, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
If for example, I have a task set for every day: "Take medicine" and I mark it "complete" each time I take the medicine. Is there a way (presumably only in TDpro) that I can see a calendar of which days I completed the task?

Something like this would be fantastic:
http://img717.imageshack.us/i/img0038z.png/
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Our calendar will show completed tasks. You can also do a search for the tasks and sort them chronologically by completion date to see a list.
Richard_

Score: 0 Reference
I export the the completed Tasks every week in csv format, rename the headers and load it into a Google "Report" Calendar
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=45656
yes, somewhat of a hassle.
I find those chains in the goals section pretty neat too.
huwevans projecthelm.com

Hi Richard,

How do you filter the csv export to just provide last week's completed items?

- Huw
Richard_

Posted: Jan 06, 2011
I can open it in Excel/Open Office and it seems toodledo appends the last completed tasks always at the end of the csv file. So I just remove the superfluous rows/columns, rename the header and load it into Google Calender. This can be probably streamlined.....
Varun Bhatta

One doubt regarding melvynm question.
If I have a repeated a task which repeats every day, unless I mark it as complete by clicking on the checkbox, it won't get repeated for the next day [It would still have the last day's due date].
So the only way we can make a repetitive task repeat for the next day is by marking it complete each day EVEN IF I wouldn't have done it.
So going by this behavior, how can we ever have the data of days you have forgotten to take medicine?

Is there a way I can mark a repetitive job as "Not Done"? Because ticking the checkbox means only "Done"...right? Let me know if there is ... that would be like a BIG revelation for me.

This message was edited Jan 06, 2011.
Richard_

You can set it to repeat from completion date:
So if you don't complete the (daily) task, the Task is shown as overdue until the time you complete it. Then it gets set to the next day.
The completion date is written in the csv-file so if you rename it to "start date" it is displayed in google at the date you competed the task.

//Edit: I made this probably not clear:
I rename the "completion date" to "start date" and remove the original start and end dates of the task. This way, google calender represents the Task as a the whole day event in the calender at the date when the Task was completed.

This message was edited Jan 06, 2011.
Varun Bhatta

Posted by Richard_:
You can set it to repeat from completion date:
So if you don't complete the (daily) task, the Task is shown as overdue until the time you complete it. Then it gets set to the next day.

Correct. But this is the case only when you mark it complete the same day.
E.g., you have a daily repetitive task starting on Monday and you didnt mark it complete for two continuous days [i.e., till Tuesday]. So on Wednesday if you mark it as complete, then the task will show due date as Tuesday, but not Thursday. So in order make it sync with current day, you have to do the combined activity of clicking on it & refreshing the page twice and only after that, the due date would be Thursday.
So by doing this, you are indirectly telling the system that you have completed the activity for Mon, Tue & Wed. But in fact, you missed Mon & Tue and it is this data that is no where captured.
So is there a way to mark an activity as 'Not done'?
huwevans projecthelm.com

The way I do this is you first change the due date to the day you did the task, then mark it as complete. It's two steps, but doesn't take much time.

- Huw
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.