ForumsQuestionsSearch with uncimpleted subtasks

Search with uncimpleted subtasks
Dalker

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

In my implementation of a "gtd-like" system, I have tasks whose "context" is "PROJECT", destined to have subtasks until totally done.

For their review, I'd ideally like to e able to make a search of all tasks which
a) have a context of "PROJECT"
AND
b) have no subtasks which are not completed

The trouble is the second part. Is there a way or are there plans to have a way to do this?

Thanks

Edit: sorry for the typo in the subject title - I'm unable to edit it.. :-(

This message was edited Jan 10, 2011.
alexandremrj_2

Why not try the search:

Checked Off - no
AND
Is Subtask - Yes
AND
Context is Project
Dalker

Thanks for the idea, but that won't work, sadly. It would show "projects" that are also subtasks, whereas I want "projects" which don't have an active subtask.

The closest to what I want is

Checked Off - no
AND
Context is Project
AND
Has Subtasks - no

But if it the "project" has a completed subtask, it won't appear on my search. My only workaround is to delete or remove completed subtasks from the parrent, but that's not so nice because it removes possibly useful reference to recently completed tasks.

What I'd really need is something like

Has subtask which is not checked off - no

or somehow the ability to generally search based on a property of possibly existing subtasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is not currently possible to search for subtasks with a condition that is based on the parent (IE, show subtasks with a parent that has a folder of X). This is something that is on our to-do list.
Sytone

Posted: Feb 14, 2011
Is there a view of the to-do list so we can see how far up/down it is on the list (Think SCRUM product backlog)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 14, 2011
Our to-do list is currently private.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.