ForumsQuestionsReplacing Lucid Lists with ToodleDo

Replacing Lucid Lists with ToodleDo
Steve Steinitz

Posted: Jan 12, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

Lucid Lists is a cool iPhone app that keeps a list of repeating tasks. I use it for, sort of, self improvement. I have repeating tasks like Practice the Guitar, Call Mom, Email Sister, Backup Web Server.

I'd like to replace Lucid Lists with ToodleDo. ToodleDo has powerful repeating and also a cool repeat-from-completion (rather than due date).

However ToodleDo lacks a subtle feature which is the heart of Lucid Lists: Lucid Lists sorts the tasks using an algorithm based on both due date and number of times you've missed a repeat. So, Practice the Guitar, which repeats daily, will move up the list every day rising above slower-repeating tasks even though their due dates are older. See?

Before raising a feature request support ticket, I'd like to know if there is a way to simulate that behavior with ToodleDo,

Cheers,

Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 12, 2011
If you sort your list by "Importance" then the "overdueness" of a task will cause it to become more important and go higher in the list relative to other tasks that are not overdue.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=53
Steve Steinitz

Posted: Jan 13, 2011
Hello Toodledo Forum Administrator and thanks for your reply.

What you say is true. And I like the importance feature. I'd just like to give it a little tweak - maybe optional:

Importance doesn't currently take a task's repeat frequency into consideration. For example, once a daily task is overdue, I'd like its importance to increase faster than, say, a weekly task's importance, even if the weekly task's raw overdueness is greater the daily task's overdueness.

Thats the way Lucid Lists works. In other words, Lucid Lists gives weight to the number of times you've missed a "repeat". Its surprisingly powerful in practice and seems obvious once you've seen it working.

Missed-repeat weighting aside, let me say how much Toodledo's power, scope and facility continue to amaze me. Bravo.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Steve Steinitz

Fantastic, thank you.

Best regards,

Steve
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.