ForumsQuestionsOptionally on modifier

Optionally on modifier
M

Posted: Jan 13, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I need to understand this. If I have a NON REPEATING task that has ANY of the modifiers (but ESPECIALLY "optionally on") -- where do they go if they pass? The help says (for "Optionally on"): "...if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed..."

Where does it go? Is it marked completed? Is there an easy way to search for these "missed" tasks, to make sure they should've been "removed?"
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 14, 2011
All optional tasks are simply completed when their due-date passes. If the task is set to repeat, then it does so then. If it is not repeating then it just stays completed. If you don't want a task to get automatically completed, then you shouldn't use the "optional" option.
M

Posted: Jan 15, 2011
Okay -- that's fine.

One of the reasons that I use Toodledo is a failing memory, so this is another thing that I need to remember to do, however -- NOT use that option. Harder than it sounds, sadly.

But - in order to be sure right now that I'm not at risk from losing any tasks due to this condition: can I search for due dates by specified modifier (optional) OR can I search for tasks completed by Toodledo (and not by me)?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 16, 2011
It is not currently possible to search for tasks based on the due-date modifier, but you can search for all tasks with a due-date and then scan down the column looking for the ? symbol in front of the due-date.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.