ForumsQuestionsHow to Set Up Reminders?

How to Set Up Reminders?
gkumar

Posted: Nov 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a noob and I just got the iPhone app and its UI is sweet. I just set up my tasks in the web app and Iphone. While this makes my life organized, how do I get reminders via email?

For example, if I have a task that is due at 11/19/2008 at 3:00 p.m., how do I adjust the reminder so that the notification via email is sent at 2:30 p.m. or 2:15 p.m. so that there is time to finish the task by 3:00 p.m.?
DrLaban

Posted: Nov 20, 2008
Maybe this will solve it for you, or I don't think it is possible:
http://www.toodledo.com/connections.php

"SMS/Email Reminders

You can get SMS or email reminders at up to 5 different places for tasks that are due in the next few hours. For SMS reminders, please enter the Email to SMS gateway Address provided by your carrier. Only tasks that have a due-date and a due-time will send reminders.

Keep in mind that you are 100% responsible for any fees charged by your carrier for receiving SMS messages. For this reason, you may want to set a daily limit. If you do not want a daily limit, please set it to 999."
gkumar

Yes I set it up to my email and it sent when the task was due. For example, if the task was due at 8 p.m., I'd get an email at 8 p.m. I'm not sure how to configure it so that the email arrives at 7:30 p.m. or 7:15 p.m.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is currently not possible, but we hope to have a more flexible reminder system in the future.

Thanks
Sylanel

Posted: Nov 21, 2008
I have an easy workaround for the reminders until the Toodledo Gods can make something better...

1) Get yourself a Google Calendar account if you don't have one yet;
2) In Toodledo, go to Connections setting
3) Enable iCal Subscription and copy the Google Calendar URL starting with "webcal";
4) Go to your Google Calendar, then look for the "Other calendars" pane on the left;
5) Click on Add, then Add by URL;
6) Copy your Toodledo Google Calendar webcal URL and "Add";
7) Go to your Google Calendar Settings, then Calendars.
8) Beside your new "Toodledo iCal", click on "Notification". There you add a new default reminder (SMS or Email, whichever you prefer) and enter the default time befure the due time you would like.

That's it! I have all my Toodledo tasks synchronized with Google Calendar which acts as my reminders provider where I get my reminders exactly when I want them. Plus, I don't have to annoying reply to SMS to do if I was to use the default Email to SMS gateway method. That's it folks for now. Enjoy!
gkumar

Not a bad idea, Sylanel.

I will try it out tonight. Currently, I sync my Google Calendar at work Outlook Calendar using Google's gsync. I also use ToodleSync to sync Toodledo with Outlook tasks and have reminders set up via Outlook. However my worry is that when I sync my Toodledo with my Google Calendar, it'll sync with my work outlook as well and I'll get double reminded. >_< I need a better system of reminders and I hope Toodledo can do it soon with multiple emails with time/snooze support (don't care about SMS).
gkumar

Also, can Toodledo have popup reminders in the iPhone app while the app is open with the reminder system?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 23, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.