ForumsQuestionsCan I disable Ctrl+Shift+arrow keyboard shortcut

Can I disable Ctrl+Shift+arrow keyboard shortcut
Michael

Posted: Jan 16, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Recently it seems that if I press Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow or Ctrl+Shift+Left Arrow at the Toodledo list, instead of selecting text as one used to be able to do, and is the standard user interface behavior for text areas in all Windows applications, the selection now moves to a different area of the task list grid. This is a nice ability, but it gets in the way of selecting text with the keyboard. This makes it more harder to use for those with disabilities that make it difficult or impossible to use a pointing device. Since the grid movement is available with Alt+Shift+Arrow also, can the Ctrl+Shift+Arrow shortcut be turned off?

I'm using Firefox 3 on Windows XP SP2.

Many thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 17, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
We have changed our keyboard shortcut to use control+arrow to navigate. shift+control+arrow will now work again to select text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
max

Posted: Jan 18, 2011
But Ccontrol+arrow was useful for rapidly skipping from one word to the next within the task field; but it now acts like a tab function moving from field to field. As you note, shift+control+arrow works, but it selects text within the task as it goes along; but I don't want to select text: I just want to move rapidly from one word to the next within the task.

Any chance of getting that functionality back please?

Thanks

Max
piyush_soni

I knew someone would come up with that. :) The answer is almost always letting the user select whatever combination of Ctrl/Alt/Shift and one other key he wants. I use Ctrl Arrows more than Control shift arrow actually.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The arrow keys have a lot of functionality built into them and if we want to use them, we have to take over one of those. If you don't want control+arrow to move to the next field, then you can disable keyboard shortcuts until we can figure out a way to support every standard function of the arrow key in addition to our unique function. Sorry

This message was edited Jan 18, 2011.
PeterW 

I didn't give this a second thought at the time but having just added and edited a bunch of tasks, I realise now that I use ctrl-arrow all the time. Guess it becomes sub-conscious.

Anyway, so I agree this is a bad combination to have chosen.
Michael

What about Alt+Shift+arrow? Is that used by anything else?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 19, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
We have removed the left/right arrow combinations. There was just too much overlap and it was a mistake for us to add it. The up/down+control still work.
Michael

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for being so responsive. Much appreciated.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.