ForumsQuestionsChecking toodledo

Checking toodledo
zntneo

Posted: Jan 20, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I love toodledo but my problem is i forget to check it and forget to add things into it. Any ideas on how to help?
PeterW 

David Allen's book "Getting Things Done" (GTD) has some good suggestions on how to deal with these problems.

For example, make sure you always have tools to capture your thoughts. I purchased some small inexpensive notepads which I have in strategic places with a pen, e.g. in the center console of my car, on my bedside table, on my desk at work, next to the phones at home, etc. These get put into a tray and entered later when there's time. I also have my iPhone with me most of the time and can add tasks into it directly and sync with Toodledo.

As for checking your lists, this is something you need to get into the habit of doing. If you commit everything to your lists and trust them to be complete and accurate, then you tend to begin relying on them every day. GTD also recommends doing a weekly review where you go through every task to review, update, progress, etc.
Salgud

It's a matter of building a new habit, which takes a few months (There is that old adage that it takes three weeks, but it's based on a mis-quoted study from many years ago.)

For something like this, I'd set a timer, on my phone or my computer, for a few times of day, to remind me to check my task list. After a while, you won't need the timer any more. I go to TD first thing every morning at work. It's in my auto-launch list so it's there in my browser automatically. Hard to ignore that.

Of course, every time I complete something, I check it off in TD, which brings me back again. Then I look for the next thing I need to do.

This system, or something like it, will probably work for you. Best of luck!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.