ForumsQuestionsBadges not updating on iPhone

Badges not updating on iPhone
princesultan

Posted: Jan 22, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
My badges used to update automatically on the toodledo icon on my iPhone. But now the only way they update is if I actually open toodledo. I haven't changed any settings so I don't know what the cause could be. I'm only entering events on my iPhone. I'm not entering anything on my pc, all info is being entered directly on my phone.

Help!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I sent my badges to show all hotlist events 3 days or less than from the present day.

This message was edited Jan 22, 2011.
PeterW 

Score: -1 Reference
Reminders on the iPhone can either be local (done by the iPhone itself) or remote (sent by the website). It sounds like you want the latter. This was the only option until a later version of iOS permitted local alarms.

Check out this help topic: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85

I am guessing that this preference may have been changed after updating the Toodledo app.

This message was edited Jan 22, 2011.
princesultan

Yes. My settingnwas set to device alarms. What's the benefit of this setting? For the moment I reverted back to the old sync mode so I'll see if that works.
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 23, 2011
Posted by princesultan:
My settingnwas set to device alarms. What's the benefit of this setting?

I'm not using the Toodledo iPhone app at the moment, but my recollection is that device-based alarms have the benefit of allowing the user to set multiple reminders.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 24, 2011
The advantage of device based alarms is that they are more reliable and you don't need an internet connection to get the alarm. With remote alarms, the website must send the alarm to you over the internet. They could get delayed, and Apple does not guarantee delivery.

Right now, remote alarms and remote badge updates are linked together. We plan to allow for device alarms and remote badges, but this isn't possible yet. If you want remote badge updates, you'll need to stick with remote alarms too.
jim.sarkovski

Posted: Jan 25, 2011
I have changed to remote alarms and I am still not getting the badge updates. Everything was fine until the latest update.
princesultan

Posted: Jan 26, 2011
yup, same here. i tried switching to remote alarms and even still the badge won't automatically update. this update definitely messed this up for me. everything was just fine before it.

this feature alone was one of the reasons why i bought toodledo, so if it can't be fixed soon i'll need to look elsewhere.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you have your iOS device set to remote alarms, then it will also get remote badges. I just tested this to confirm and I did get an updated badge.
jim.sarkovski

I tell you it does not work for me (it used to). I have tried everything in settings (including remote alarms), reinstalled the app, all to no avail. My device is not jailbroken and I am getting badge updates from other apps.
princesultan

Posted: Jan 27, 2011
same thing happening with me... it's not working.

edit: just to make sure, i have my alarm settings set to "task alarms come from website" correct? i have it on this setting and my badges won't update unless i actually open the app.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2011.
jim.sarkovski

Funny thing, it started working again (I didn't change anything) and got a badge update last night.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Remember badges only update a few times per day.
jim.sarkovski

Posted: Feb 24, 2011
Badge updates stopped working for me again (about a week now). I made no changes to any settings.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2011
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.