ForumsQuestionsTimezone Auto

Timezone Auto
max

Posted: Jan 23, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi guys

I very much like the idea of timezone autoupdate as I travel quite a bit and accepted the auto setting.

I was in South Africa last week which as accurately detected and reminders came through at the correct time.

I returned to London this morning and again, it has correctly detected my new time zone (i.e. in Account Settings, it tells me the correct local London time without me having to change it). However, Toodledo is still sending my reminders as though I was still in South Africa i.e. 2 hours early.

Any ideas on this please?

Thanks

Max
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Can you determine if the reminders that you are getting incorrectly are ones that you happened to create or update while you were in South Africa? Can you create a new reminder right now and have it arrive at the correct time?
max

Posted: Jan 25, 2011
It doesn't seem to matter where they were created. And actually, it now gets some right and some wrong no matter where they were created. For example, I just got one now which is two hours early.

I am also accessing via a mobile device; if that device were incorrect, it could confuse Toodle I guess. However, the time on my account settings is correct.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2011
Yes, accessing via a mobile device could cause it to get the timezone from that device. If it is 2 hours off from your computer, then that would cause the flip flopping that you are experiencing.
max

Posted: Jan 27, 2011
Thanks, but that is not the problem. The time is correct on my mobile which is set to UK where I am now. Yet many reminders are still coming through at the wrong time.

But I have just noticed: if toodledo thought I was still in South Africa, then the incorrect reminders would be coming in two hours later (the time difference to UK). But actually, the incorrect reminders are coming in two hours early. Does that give you a clue as to the problem? Again, it is only about 10% of the reminders - and I think most of the incorrect ones are those I created in the UK.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 27, 2011
Can you please open a support ticket to continue this topic?
max

Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Will do
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.