ForumsQuestionsRelative column widths?

Relative column widths?
gammon

Posted: Jan 25, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I use TD on both a laptop and a desktop with a much wider screen (resolution-wise). So I find myself continually adjusting columns when I go back and forth, because on the laptop, columns will scroll off the screen. It seems the options are:

1. Keep manually changing back and forth (I usually do this).
2. Live with scrolling left and right on the laptop (I do this if I'm lazy).
3. Abandon part of my screen real estate on the desktop (I can't bring myself to do this with all my space).

It would be great if there could be a setting to always adjust widths to fill the screen width and preserve relative column widths. Or keep most widths static and make the task name change. I'm guessing that this is harder that it seems, but I thought I would throw the idea out there.

Does anyone know if a user style or something that can accomplish this for me?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
PeterW 

I don't have a solution but a few workarounds...

1. Zoom the browser on your laptop, e.g. Ctrl - will step it down by a set % and you will be able to see more.

2. Switch to multi-line mode (single click in Toodledo). This reduces the display to just the task name & the primary sort field (and the star icon) but I find this enough.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.