ForumsQuestionsSub tasks not automatically shown

Sub tasks not automatically shown
Timothy.M.Read

Posted: Jan 31, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have been using toodledo for a while and decided to check out the Pro mode to see if I should upgrade. The key function for me is the subtasks. However, they are not working as I would expect sub-tasks to do so, and hence the question.

When I define a task and a set of sub-tasks they appear indented and in the right order, for example:

SubTask Demo
...........1. Investigate sub tasks
...........2. Ask question in forum if necessary
(sorry about the dots, but this text editor does not let me adds spaces)

This would be an example of a tast defined in a folder (Projects). However, if I change to another view and then go back to Folder -> Project they are not indented or ordered correctly:

2. Ask question in forum if necessary
1. Investigate sub tasks
SubTask Demo

So I have to click on each task to get an indented ordered list of tasks and sub-tasks. This does not seem to make a lot of sense. Am I doing something wrong?

I saw a post that talked about a script in greasemonkey to automatically display tasks and sub-tasks ordered, but it only works in Firefox and I am using Safari.

I have got around the problem by using Goals and setting a list of 1 - 5 goals (like an ordering). Hence I can define sub-tasks by the goal number and set the display mode to use Goal and hence I see all my tasks in the correct order.

Many thanks,

Tim

This message was edited Jan 31, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
At the top of your list, in the toolbar, there is a link labeled "Subtasks: Indented". If you click this, it will always load your lists with subtasks indented as you want.
Timothy.M.Read

Magic. Thanks, just what I wanted. Time to switch to pro...

Tim
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.