ForumsQuestionsPredefined list templates?

Predefined list templates?
leeand00

Posted: Feb 03, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a feature of toodledo.com that allows you to create templates of pre-defined tasks?

And then when you create a new task you can just use the template to create a rough overview of what you need to get done.

For instance; suppose I'm designing a very customized Wordpress theme for a client, and I have done this many times already, and thus already know what steps I need to take to accomplish this task.

I would create a Predefined List Template that contains all of the steps necessary to accomplish that task at a high level, it might look like this:

1. Design in Inkscape
2. Setup Apache Server
3. Add DNS Entry
3.1 Configure Directory
3.2 Add Virtual Host
3.3 Install Wordpress
4. Create template pages
4.1 Implement a demo layout page
4.2 Test demo layout page on mobile devices
4.3 Test demo layout page on desktop browsers
4.4 Implement Wordpress functions within demo layout
5. Write Plugins
6. Add Wordpress Menus

And so I would just go to my list of Predefined List Template, select the Wordpress task template I defined above, and after selecting a folder for the instance of the Predefined List Template to appear in, I would have a list of tasks for accomplishing that task.

Thus if I had more than one client that I had received work for I could add the same list of tasks, but have them be separate instances, so that both clients could be tracked in a separate folder.

Is there a feature like this in Toodledo?

Thank you,
Andrew J. Leer

This message was edited Feb 03, 2011.
Salgud

There are actually several schemas for doing this. If you search these forums for "template", you find a number of threads with several different ways of addressing this issue, mine included.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.