ForumsQuestionsDividers - get rid of 'em

Dividers - get rid of 'em
M

Posted: Nov 24, 2008
Score: 3 Reference
This may have been asked and answered and I didn't use the right search terms, because I can't find any reference to this: I have a saved search and, when I sort it by DUE DATE, I get dividers. How do I GET RID of (not expand/collapse to) the divider, when I don't want it anymore (but just want a straight sort, with no groups)?

thanks
Peter Scott

Posted: Jan 03, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
I would like this also. I just want to sort by due date and the dividers are only wasting space.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
rds4640

Posted: Jan 08, 2009
I would like the option of not showing dividers also.
mgd

Posted: Jan 09, 2009
Testify! I can't understand why this is still there. It is realllyyy annoying.
melchizW

Posted: Jan 09, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I don't understand , you can hide dividers ?
I'd rather they stay as an option .
Gummi

Posted: Jan 13, 2009
Although I understand that some people don't like the dividers I just wanted to add the voice of someone who likes them a bunch. By all means, make it optional, but please keep them for those of us that feel that they are extremely useful.
davek

I'm with gjk.... I like 'em.
charlieblackmer

Thats really funny, I was just about to ask if they could be added to the iPhone app. I really find them a helpful way to separate out the tasks at hand. Every task of a project neatly separated by context or vice versa. It is my favorite element of the web-app. I would LOVE to see dividers on my iPhone!!
vegheadjones

Posted: Jan 14, 2009
I would also like dividers on the iphone. Different strokes I guess...
6webdesign

Posted: Apr 23, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I had no dividers when I first signed up a few days ago. I liked it that way. Then when I was messing with the views somehow it turned the dividers on. Am I hearing there is no way to turn the dividers off? I liked it better without dividers. Dividers take up too much space, for me. It's unnecessary info since I have a column for the info in the divider, so I don't need it. Can I turn it off?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, the dividers cannot be turned off. They are automatically there depending on how you are sorting your tasks. If you sort by "alphabetical", "star" or a few other sorts, they will not be there.
6webdesign

OK, hopefully someday that can be added. Still the best to-do program I can share with my iPhone, hands down ...
kleerkoat

what dividers are you talking about?

sorry to sound dense. I just don't see anything that could be called a divider and it be that annoying.
6webdesign

Posted: Apr 24, 2009
Depends on how you sort your tasks. If you sort them by priority, for instance, and you have 3 different priorities, then there are solid dividers between each section. I managed to minimize it by sorting first by something with no parameters (sorting by due date and no tasks actually have due dates) then sorting second by priority. That way they are sorted but no dividers. It's easy since there are so many column choices, you can include one you don't really use. That's a trick that helped me get rid of the dividers.
kleerkoat

Ah, I see what you mean.

Personally I like them, I have a truckload of tasks and it keeps me from haveing to scroll so much.

There is a "Toggle Dividers" anyway, isn't there?
Anders

Yes, I also like my dividers. There is a toggle dividers command, but what it does is collapse all the info closed into the dividers (or back open) so that you can open whichever one you want to look at. Some people would like to have the option to toggle the dividers off of their screens.
us2wrmyw

Posted: Jun 13, 2009
I would like to be able to hide dividers too... especially for a sort by importance. It's the order that matters, not the dividers.
KeithStone

Love the dividers. (I wish I could set them to be collapsed by default...but no biggie.)
Vin Thomas

+1 for ability to toggle dividers off

But please DON't get rid of them!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.