ForumsQuestionsIPad App Stuck - Help!

IPad App Stuck - Help!
jing.lok

Posted: Feb 10, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I've been gradually figuring out how to use toodledoo, and the ipad app has been really useful for me jotting down things i need to remember to do on my commute, etc....

but just ran into a bug/problem on the app (or this is really simple and i'm a moron). i searched for a particular term and it has no results...and now i can't get out of the search screen. it just says "searching" on the top bar, and "No Results" in the left middle section where tasks are usually listed, with no cancel search button or return to folder/menu/tasks button anywhere. i can jump to the notebook or settings screen, but when i go back to tasks its back to this frozen screen. i've shut the app, gone to another app and then come back, but it goes right back to this screen....
Darrel

Posted: Feb 10, 2011
I'm not sure what's going on; but I can tell you how to actually restart the app. From the home screen, double-tap your home button. This brings up the multitasking bar. Tap-and-hold the Toodledo app. All the app icons in the multitasking bar will wiggle and have a minus symbol in a red circle. Lift your finger then tap the symbol on the app icon. This will force-quit the app. Now, re-open the Toodledo app and see what happens.

Good luck.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 11, 2011
What Darrel suggested will work, but I am curios to find out what went wrong. Do you no longer see the text box to type in your search? Can you try again and see if it happens again? Because I could not cause this to happen.

Thanks
fran

Posted: Mar 06, 2011
I also had a frozen Toodledo page on my ipad. I was adding a note to a task, and the page froze. Then I couldn't open any other page on Toodledo or get off that one. Nothing on the page changed or disappeared, but I just couldn't tap on it anywhere to make a change. (Not many tasks yet, just a few weeks old too - if that helps.)

I tried the 'force-quit' procedure you suggest above, which worked. Not sure why though, or whether it will happen again quickly.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.