ForumsQuestionsStart Date to Hotlist

Start Date to Hotlist
lincolnspector

Posted: Feb 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Is there any way we could get an option to include the Start Date on the hotlist. To my mind, the start date is the date you want a task to appear in the hotlist.

I know I get the list I want by clicking All Tasks, then "Hide future tasks," but I can only do that on your web page. I want that list in the gmail add-on, and the Got To Do Android app's widget.

Lincoln
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The hotlist does not currently filter on start-date, but thanks for the suggestion. This is on our to-do list.
PeterW 

You can do this if you create your own custom search 'Hotlist'.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2011.
lincolnspector

Thanks, Peter.

How do you do that?

Lincoln
PeterW 

@Lincoln,

If you've not created a custom ('saved') search, just go to the search view (View by - Search) and click on the 'New Search' tab.

Following are the criteria I am using. I want to see any tasks that are:
- due today or tomorrow or are overdue
- start today or tomorrow
- have the star field set

You could change these to suit your own requirements. For example, 'Start Date is in the next 5 days' to would make your tasks with a start date appear earlier.

-----

Match Any of the following critera:

Checked off No
and Due Date is not no date
and Due Date is before Today

or
Checked off No
and Due Date is in the next 1 days

or
Checked off No
and Start Date is not no date
and Start Date is before tomorrow
and Start Date is in the next 1 days

or
Checked off No
and Starred yes
lincolnspector

Posted: Feb 15, 2011
Thanks, Peter.

But how do I make this search my default view, especially in a widget?

Lincoln
PeterW 

You can set the 'Search' view to be your default view whenever you login (I do this).

Not sure what you mean about widget.
lincolnspector

A widget is a box that displays updatable information. The Google Gadgets (http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google_gadget.php) are all widgets.

Lincoln
PeterW 

Thanks for the explanation.

My suggestion was only relevant to working directly on Toodledo.com. If the Google Gadget widget is anything like the slim website then I don't think that you can access the search functionality. Hopefully someone else will know for sure.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The search functionality is not yet available in our slim website, which is what the gadgets/widgets use.
ioana.marinescu

Posted: Jun 23, 2011
I have a related issue. I have some repeating tasks that have negative priority. Specifically I travel often and I keep a packing list with negative priority that is optionally due on some date and repeats itself every week.

I have just created the packing list but now it appears in my hotlist in GMail, which is really bad because it clutters it unnecessarily.

Toodledo, please allow us to hide negative priority tasks in the hotlist in the GMail widget.

Thanks!

Ioana.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 23, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.