ForumsQuestionsOrange circles before my eyes

Orange circles before my eyes
max

Posted: Mar 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there

Using IE9 Windows 7, often when I enter a task or a note for a task, it does not save and the orange circle keeps spinning. To fix this, I have to refresh the page and it always saves first time after this refresh.

What is the cause of it not saving and why does a refresh help it to save?

Thanks

Max
Salgud

I use IE7 and have been having this same problem lately.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We will look into it. We have noticed this on IE7 sometimes and always chalked it up to IE7 being a terrible browser, because it never happens anywhere else. Now that it has been reported with IE9 (we haven't experienced it with IE8 or newer), we'll look into it and see if we can figure it out.
Salgud

Thanks!
max

Posted: Mar 05, 2011
Hi there

Any news on this? I've just had to reenter a set of notes a couple of times because it didn't take even after refreshing.

I'm not experiencing similar problems in analogous situations e.g. updating notes on a cloud-based CRM system.

Thanks

Max
max

Posted: Mar 06, 2011
Guys,

The other error I get on toodledo that I don't get elsewhere is "bad requests". They seem to be related to the non-saving issue described above.

Please see extracted comments below.

Max

-----------------------------

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E400.html

Introduction
The Web server (running the Web site) thinks that the data stream sent by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) was 'malformed' i.e. did not respect the HTTP protocol completely. So the Web server was unable to understand the request and process it. Frank Vipond. September 2010.

Fixing 400 errors - general
• Do you get the error on more than one Web site ?. If you get the error on lots of Web sites, this indicates the problem is on your PC, not on those sites.

NO, THE ONLY SITE I GET IT ON IS TOODLEDO

• Do you have a cache problem ?. Try clearing your cookies, browser cache and browsing history in your Web browser. Disable or remove any third-party cacheing or ‘web accelerator’ software you installed. Then try rebooting your PC and any firewall/router you use to connect to the Internet. That may not fix the error, but at least may eliminate any problem due to old settings on your PC.

WILL TRY THIS
max

Posted: Mar 10, 2011
IE9 proved to be sufficiently unstable (for me) that I've rolled back to IE8.

This has dramatically improved the toodledo saving issue and indeed other issues (such as continually interrupted downloads).

Thanks

Max
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.