ForumsTips & TricksMove several tasks a certain period of time

Move several tasks a certain period of time
kay.steinhauer

Posted: Aug 08, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi!

Does anyone has a pointer how I move the due date of, e.g. all task in a folder, a certain period of time, e.g. one month, ahead?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kay
Salgud

Posted: Aug 08, 2011
The only way I know of is to create a Saved Search that finds just those tasks, all tasks in a given folder being pretty easy, and then Multi-Edit those task's start and/or due dates.
kay.steinhauer

Posted: Aug 09, 2011
thank you for your response.
If different tasks have different due date, that creates a lot of clicks.
I was hoping for a solution to do that makes it easier to move tasks with different due dates ahead for one month or two weeks and so on all at once.
Still hoping to get a pointer. Or maybe suggesting it to the admin.
Salgud

Posted: Aug 09, 2011
I just thought of this a few days ago, haven't had time to post anything about it, but since you brought it up...

It would be nice to have a "Postpone" function, where you could Search for a group of tasks, the click "Postpone", and a dialog box would appear, maybe offering quick entry buttons at the top, "One Day", "One Week", and "One Month". Below that, more detailed options so you could postpone an entered number of days, weeks, months or years, or some combination of the above. Would be nice! I'm wondering if this is on "the list"?
pele

Posted: Aug 10, 2011
In the past, I often moved the due date ahead in a lot of tasks. But now, I think it is better to set a due date just in a few tasks that I am able to do really. And majority of tasks remain without the due date. It significantly reduces an amount of stress from uncompleted tasks and reduces the need to move the due date ahead. Just my experience. ;-)
Folke X

Posted: Aug 10, 2011
Yes, Pele, that is my experience, too:

If the task does not have a "real" due date, do not put one in just for scheduling purposes. It gets very messy.

Instead, for inherently dateless tasks, I find it better to use some other available field for task sequencing - any field will do. In Toodledo I have come to use the Status field for this. (In other systems I have used Priority for this - most systems have at least that.)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.